Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been parking on the roof of the parking garage at my new school to avoid door dings.. found the one garage that doesn't completely fill up and only a few cars park on the roof each day. It's a good feeling knowing my car is safe up there all day but there's the downside of heat.

I tried purchasing the reflector sunshades for cars in the past and have had no luck. Do any of you guys have one that isn't a complete pain to use on a daily basis and/or that actually fits the 8th gen coupe windshield correctly?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe Honda sells one that is custom fit to our cars (check the Honda . I just use one of the "extra large" semi-circular ones that I bought at Walmart for a few bucks.

Edit: here you go: http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/accord/2008-2011-honda-accord-sunshade-coupe/hd-79/
The guys at my dealership said they stopped carrying these as they were poor quality. They had some other brand available that looks pretty poor. Anybody actually use the Honda branded one?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use one of the circular ones that folds up in a figure-8. It's not the easiest to put up, but breaks down quickly, and can be stuffed in my door pocket or between the seat and center console. Other "accordion" style ones take up too much space, IMO...

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I use one of the circular ones that folds up in a figure-8. It's not the easiest to put up, but breaks down quickly, and can be stuffed in my door pocket or between the seat and center console. Other "accordion" style ones take up too much space, IMO...
Same.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use the heavy duty accordion type from Wal Mart when I park outside. Yeah they're a pain. When I can, I park in the garage. Less wear and tear on the interior and paint from the sun (especially if you park there all day). I do pick my spots when I can to minimize dings though.

Anyone remember the "Kap" or was it "Cap" ? It was a car cover that only covers the roof and windows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts