Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally tinting my car, I need your suggestions on the best available tint film?

Please advice,
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
just had mine tinted at a local shop.one thing to watch out for is the rear window at the top.someone posted in my build thread to add a strip of black vinyl to cover up bubbles that are apparently bound to happen.not a tint strip recommendation but something to watch for.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Just find a reputable tint shop that knows what they are doing. Even with the "best" tint, a lousy shop can still mess it up. The installation expertise is what matters. A good tint shop will use quality tint. My rear window tint is excellent and I didn't need black vinyl at the top of the window.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What percentage are you getting? Post pics if you can I'm getting mine done soon too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You will want to get tint with a "lifetime" garantee.

The tint should be UV resistant as well so it won't turn purple and bubble up on you.

Most tint shps around here go out of bussiness every 2-3 years soo i guess that is how long the "lifetime" warrantee is lol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a quote from a local tint shop. UV resistant tint,with life time warranty, 225$ including taxes.
Is that a good price?

·
Registered
249 Posts
When I was looking to get mine done I was quoted 249$ for high performance tints and 189$ for regular tints with a lifetime warranty. But as Overdrive said above, that is only good for as long as they are in business. This is for a coupe, 2 front windows, 2 smaller back triangular windows and the rear window. What the difference is between high performance and regular tints, I have no idea. I never ended up getting them done, not sure if I will. I hear to many horror stories of ppl constantly having to bring there car back in to the tint shops to get their tints re-done because of peeling, bubbling and scratching. Seems to me like it is less of a hassle to leave the windows be, the slight factory tint will do me good for now.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
The warranty is with the maker of the tint film, not the shop that installs the tint. When you get them tinted, you will be given a warranty card from the manufacturer of the tint. Don't lose that card!

·
Registered
249 Posts
The warranty is with the maker of the tint film, not the shop that installs the tint. When you get them tinted, you will be given a warranty card from the manufacturer of the tint. Don't lose that card!
Hmmm...I did not know this...interesting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Don't get the high performance metalized tint if you use a radar detector. The tint will block cops behind you, who are coming up on you doing high-speed sweeps. A popular technique in some states.

It isn't much more effective anyway, in my experience.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the reviews guys, I finally had my windows tinted today.

Its Wincos(from Medico), has Up to 92% IR rejection, 99+% UV Rejection, Non-metallic (so no signal interference, or radar interference) with life time replacement warranty.

Got 35% in the front and 20% in the rear, @ 350$(I know its a expensive but did my research on it. Its gets really hot here in NM, so for the things this film does, its worth the price).

·
Registered
415 Posts
I did a lot of research on this and found out that you should get vinyl installed on Coupe rear windows because of the dot matrix. Regular tint can not properly adhere to the surface. The Sedan rear windows do not have this. Also, the 7G Accords and late model TL/TSXs have a hard rubber window guide/seal that scratches the tint over time. The only way to prevent this is to install moleskin/felt onto this window guide/seal or removing the window guide/seal in each door. Both options require removal of the door panels. I specifically sought a shop that sold quality tint, specifically 3M in my case. The shop is in a larger metropolitan area and has been in business for 10+ years, reassuring me that they will be able to provide future warranty work.

I have yet to pull the trigger...the drop in temps has lessened the occurrence of the swamp-ass induced by my black leather interior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts