Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you reply with that? I asked if anyone has used a wax that they thought was really good. This is a forum where people post thoughts, ideas, etc. and color sometimes has something to do with it. Some waxes will streak bad on darker colors opposed to light colors. Thanks anyway.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,338 Posts
Why would you reply with that? I asked if anyone has used a wax that they thought was really good. This is a forum where people post thoughts, ideas, etc. and color sometimes has something to do with it. Some waxes will streak bad on darker colors opposed to light colors. Thanks anyway.
I have an Alabaster Silver EX and I use Griots Ultimate Carnauba. It looks phenomenal and I get a lot of compliments. It gave the paint a lot of depth.

Jay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Waxes range in many aspects...price, durability etc..

Bang for the buck: DP Max Wax; Collinites; Natty's Blue

WOWO: BF Midnight Sun, WG Fuzion

Durability: Collinites; Durus, Glasur

Optically Clear: DJ Light Fantastic; Dodo Supernatural, SV Glacier, DW Carrera

Show wax: Bouncer's Capture the Rapture, AF Illusion, DW Show Edition

Above just an idea, all great for all colors

Almost forgot, key is prep.

Best is to minimize the swirls, at a minimum do the following:

Either use a DA with Meg's 205 (quite a few finishing polishes out there) and a black finishing pad or at least something like Prima Amigo which will clean up the paint and amp up some gloss.

If using Meg's 205, then, you can use Megs Ultimate Wax without worrying about removing the polishing oils.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,205 Posts
^^^^^THIS^^^^:thmsup:

With proper preparation you could use bargain store wax and have an outstanding outcome. Without proper preparation a $10,000 wax would do little. The wax or sealant is just the finishing touch, the work is getting the surface as close to perfect as is possible/practical.

·
Roll Tide!
6,793 Posts
Some waxes will streak bad on darker colors opposed to light colors. Thanks anyway.
This has more to do with the application of the product, than the product itself. Of course, if a product was improperly applied it may show more on some colors than others, but the crappy application will still be there none the less. Maybe what you are asking is which wax is most forgiving on a certain paint color if not applied properly?

·
Retired G-Man
776 Posts
Waxes range in many aspects...price, durability etc..

Bang for the buck: DP Max Wax; Collinites; Natty's Blue

WOWO: BF Midnight Sun, WG Fuzion

Durability: Collinites; Durus, Glasur

Optically Clear: DJ Light Fantastic; Dodo Supernatural, SV Glacier, DW Carrera

Show wax: Bouncer's Capture the Rapture, AF Illusion, DW Show Edition

Above just an idea, all great for all colors

Wheelzntoys has a Ph.D. in Waxology. He knows whereof he speaks.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,205 Posts
Funny I almost never use wax on a car. Sealant is my go to but I do admit that wax wins in the looks department with a few exceptions. I bought P21S 100% carnauba when it first came out and used it on my hood once....it's still in the box it came in. I can't believe how much money I've wasted doing stupid $hit like that.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Good info...
Prep is so important... I have been using Zaino products for years now.. so many good products on the market now. With Zaino, its all about prep before and during the job. I recently have used the Z-CS Sealer on my '13, a great product that keeps the glossy wet look of my sexy red paint..lol My neighbors come over and ask what I use, I tell them Zaino..they look at me like, what is that?? I guess they want me to tell them I use Simoniz Vista on the car..hey, any of you older folks remember that... Damn stuff was hard to put on, take off..left so much dust residue, and after a few washes, was gone...It was still better than the original Simoniz in the yellow can. I am really dating myself now..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.