Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to debadage my car and tried searching google and a lot of the sites say use bug/tar remover with a hair dryer... anyone have any other success with other products or methods?

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Hair dryer, floss and 3m adhesive remover spray sold at walmart FTW.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Dental Floss or Fishing line with a blow dryer and some Scratch X

·
Shift_ STILL Not A Honda
318 Posts
Be forewarned though. Your rear Honda "H" has two pegs that keep it centered that go right into your trunk. If you remove the rear "H" then you'll have to two lovely little holes into your trunk.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be forewarned though. Your rear Honda "H" has two pegs that keep it centered that go right into your trunk. If you remove the rear "H" then you'll have to two lovely little holes into your trunk.
Thanks for the heads up, just planned on taking off the Accord lettering... did you find that out the hard way?

·
Shift_ STILL Not A Honda
318 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, just planned on taking off the Accord lettering... did you find that out the hard way?
Yessir. Then I just said.. YOU KNOW WHAT JUST REDO THE WHOLE D*MN THING. So I had a body shop take the trunk off, JBweld the holes, sand them down, and completely repaint the trunk. Then match it with the rest of the car.

Beautiful job in my opinion and it does leave my back end 100% debadged. But it was a little pricey for something so trivial. Oh well! :dunno:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
That's what I did to. Just pull it off carefully letter by letter. I bought Goo be Gone with a plastic scraper. After that I used scratch X and then waxed. Looks great!
Dental floss or fishing line with a blow dryer is a much better method. No scratch remover needed, just a little adhesive remover and a bit of wax. It's also a very quick, easy way to do it.

·
Slammed and Simple
705 Posts

·
┐(´ー` )┌
441 Posts
I just used a blow dryer and floss... i used my finger to remove the excess glue... I did it when the car was a month or 2 old tho... Idk if it'll leave a "tan" mark (for the lack of better words)

·
Dueces Club (22inch Club)
1,044 Posts
Question, so while blow drying it and using fishing line or floss do you remove it like your flossing your teeth but like in a up and down motion while moving toward the center of the emblem? I just dont want to accidently scratch my paint trying to remove it.
Also will it leave a 'shadow' of the ACCORD because its been a year I had the car and its been through hell and swirls. Going to do a full detail in the summer going to take it through another winter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts