Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to build a rack out of MDF to mount my 2 amps, a LC7i, and the component crossovers inside of my trunk. It will be a vertical rack with the equipment facing forward. What is the best way to secure the rack in place? I am not that worried about removing it later, rather I am worried about vibration from the sub, quick stops, etc causing it to come loose and fall. Thanks for the advice. Pictures are even better...

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That forum has LOTS of great info that I will certainly use for the doors, rear shelf, wiring, etc. It does not have what I was looking for with the amp rack. His rack was smaller and mounted horizontally below the shelf. I want to make a vertical rack that fits under the shelf and is accessible by putting down the rear seats. Thanks though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
buy or fab up some kind of L brackets.. attach them underneath the rear deck and then to your board ?
I figured that would be a good idea. I do want it to look good as well, so I don't want to just bend a little bracket to fit. Has anyone done this and will post a photo to share?

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts
You could put the amps on raised plexiglass like I did on one of my setups. How much trunk space are you trying to retain lol?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could put the amps on raised plexiglass like I did on one of my setups.
That looks sick as shit!!!, but I actually want a usable trunk. I have a 15" Alpine Type S which takes up quite a bit of space. The added amp rack needs to be vertical and fit behind the sub, under the deck, since this is my only vehicle other than a motorcycle and I cannot give up the whole trunk.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could put the amps on raised plexiglass like I did on one of my setups.
That looks sick as shit!!!, but I actually want a usable trunk. I have a 15" Alpine Type S which takes up quite a bit of space. The added amp rack needs to be vertical and fit behind the sub, under the deck, since this is my only vehicle other than a motorcycle and I cannot give up the whole trunk.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I used l brackets and they work for now. I will probably fab something out of steel and paint it this summer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts