Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to replace the blades that came on my car and could use some advice. I heard PIAA's are good, but read a review on Amazon that said the most recent Si-Tech model now has a plastic adapter that easily breaks. Which wipers are best in 2020 and who's got the best price? My car is the 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L w/ Navi - V6. All feedback greatly appreciated!

·
NOT your average Joe
2006 Accord EX Sedan, 2.4ℓ & 5-spd Auto
192 Posts
Personally, I've had the best performance, service, and longevity from NAPA's Exact Fit blades. Other stores have Exact Fit blades, but from my experience they're not the same and just not up to par. Price for the NAPAs is mid-range. The NAPAs perform better for me and last longer, and are available in either the open frame or beam style. YMMV but I won't use anything else at this point.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,475 Posts
I've tried the PIAA, Silblades, and others, and went back with Honda refills for a fraction of the cost. Don't waste your money on other brands because even if the actual silicone blade material is better, they will either look terrible or not fit tightly on the arms.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I've had the best performance, service, and longevity from NAPA's Exact Fit blades. Other stores have Exact Fit blades, but from my experience they're not the same and just not up to par. Price for the NAPAs is mid-range. The NAPAs perform better for me and last longer, and are available in either the open frame or beam style. YMMV but I won't use anything else at this point.
"YMMV"?? I checked the NAPA site. Which are better between open frame or beam?

·
NOT your average Joe
2006 Accord EX Sedan, 2.4ℓ & 5-spd Auto
192 Posts
Apologies: YMMV - Your mileage may vary.

I prefer the look of the beams, but the open frame style is OE (at least on my '06.) They're low profile so they don't have a big, ugly contraption to mount them - They just click into place on the J-hooks. I've not had any real-world experience w/ ice or heavy frost, but for heavy rain they just knock the water off. Never a chatter or squeak.

Haven't tried the Honda ones - Never had a reason to. Maybe I'll give those a go next time.

Beam vs open frame is pure preference. I've had both and they're the same AFAICT.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have yet to replace the blades that came on my car and could use some advice. I heard PIAA's are good, but read a review on Amazon that said the most recent Si-Tech model now has a plastic adapter that easily breaks. Which wipers are best in 2020 and who's got the best price? My car is the 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L w/ Navi - V6. All feedback greatly appreciated!
I have the same car as you, i've been using the Michelin Guardian blades from Costco, they usually last 1.5 years before being replaced.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The best I’ve ever used are the OE Honda. I retain the original blades and simply replaced the inserts. Even in Arizona they last for a full year at least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 2001 Acura which I put a set of Silblades on probably around 2003. I just sold the car last month with the original Silblades and they were still working with no streaking or squeaking. But, some of the reviewers on amazon that have been long time users are saying they don't last as long as they use to.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I too agree that the ones from Honda are the best. Plus, my local dealer charges only $14 to replace both of them. They last a long time and are cheap.

·
Turbo lag
995 Posts
I also recommend the Honda ones, nothing else I've tried has lasted as long.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've tried the PIAA, Silblades, and others, and went back with Honda refills for a fraction of the cost. Don't waste your money on other brands because even if the actual silicone blade material is better, they will either look terrible or not fit tightly on the arms.
Thanks!

Apologies: YMMV - Your mileage may vary.

I prefer the look of the beams, but the open frame style is OE (at least on my '06.) They're low profile so they don't have a big, ugly contraption to mount them - They just click into place on the J-hooks. I've not had any real-world experience w/ ice or heavy frost, but for heavy rain they just knock the water off. Never a chatter or squeak.

Haven't tried the Honda ones - Never had a reason to. Maybe I'll give those a go next time.

Beam vs open frame is pure preference. I've had both and they're the same AFAICT.
Thanks!

I have the same car as you, i've been using the Michelin Guardian blades from Costco, they usually last 1.5 years before being replaced.
Thanks!

The best I’ve ever used are the OE Honda. I retain the original blades and simply replaced the inserts. Even in Arizona they last for a full year at least.
Thanks!

I had a 2001 Acura which I put a set of Silblades on probably around 2003. I just sold the car last month with the original Silblades and they were still working with no streaking or squeaking. But, some of the reviewers on amazon that have been long time users are saying they don't last as long as they use to.
Thanks!

I too agree that the ones from Honda are the best. Plus, my local dealer charges only $14 to replace both of them. They last a long time and are cheap.
Thanks!

Costco has some really nice Michelin wiper blades on sale for $6 each (in store). Best deal out there. Just picked up a set for my 2015 Touring.
Thanks!

I also recommend the Honda ones, nothing else I've tried has lasted as long.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the Bosch ICON blades, they are about the same as Honda OEM in terms of effectively clearing the windshield of water. They last 2+ years like the Honda OEMs as well. I'd go with whatever is cheaper between those two options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Original inserts will cost you $15-20 depending on where you buy them.1 aftermarket blade is equal or more plus as stated by others oem work the best . I have an 02 Civic 10 Accord still have original hardware

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
222 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts