Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cruisin Iowa...
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SO TIRED of the streaks left on my windshield, especially on the drivers side. Is this a design flaw (it started from day one) or just bad factory blades ? I go through way to much wiper fluid trying to keep it clean.
Thanks...

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
My prediction is that this thread will turn into another "whats the best oil" thread.

Jay

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Rain X Latitude or Bosch Icons. hands down 2 best wiper blades and ive tried about 13 different brands in the past 5 years. so far my rain x latitude wipers have been on since may of 2012 and they are still like the first day i got them no streaks at all. got them from walmart

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Design flaw. check the other thread mentioned above. Best thing to do is get some blades that have a center mount for the arm vs. the offset mount we have on the factory blades. Something like the current TL blades are an exact fit (650MM/475MM). You will need to adjust the start position of the arms but I think the thread above has some detail on that also.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
My prediction is that this thread will turn into another "whats the best oil" thread.

Jay
Well we all know the answer to that (oil) :thmsup: Whatever ISN'T EXACTLY specified by Honda, costs 4X as much and totally improves horsepower, engine protection and fuel efficiency through its "proprietary blend of space-age particles"

If it called Amsoil, Royal Purple or Redline it probably also qualifies for the above

·
Registered
535 Posts
Best oil

Guys, I know the manual calls for 0w20, but after 3 oil changes, I decided to switch to 10w30 prestone synthetic blend because of its superior lubricity. The increase in performance is pronounced. I now do a zero to sixty in 4.3 seconds and will only have to do an oil change every 23k or so. MM be damned, you guys should give this a try.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guys, I know the manual calls for 0w20, but after 3 oil changes, I decided to switch to 10w30 prestone synthetic blend because of its superior lubricity. The increase in performance is pronounced. I now do a zero to sixty in 4.3 seconds and will only have to do an oil change every 23k or so. MM be damned, you guys should give this a try.
What??!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pretty sure he wasn't being serious.

On another board I visit, we have a smiley that people use when they're being sarcastic. I think it's brilliant.
Lol I know, what a troll.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
You should also try using two quarts less than Honda recommends. Your engine won't have to work so hard to push all that extra oil though the channels and you milage will increase significantly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You should also try using two quarts less than Honda recommends. Your engine won't have to work so hard to push all that extra oil though the channels and you milage will increase significantly.
Yea right and I just go to walmart and just buy the cheapest 5qt jug of oil they have. You can end up saving a lot of money. :)

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Yea right and I just go to walmart and just buy the cheapest 5qt jug of oil they have. You can end up saving a lot of money. :)
Actuallu you think you're being sarcastic but you're not far from the truth, as long as you use the correct spec.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts