Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok to start with let me just say the first thing I thought of when naming the car and thinking of the color white was Betty White, and so the car got named Betty...lol...

I picked up my 2019 Sport 1.5L in July and on the way home from the dealer I stopped and had my guy tint the windows with 20% all around excluding the front windshield of course.

Then I hit the forums and eBay of course for all the usual mods that are popular here. I ordered the blackout kit for the windows and the front end to start and of course the interior LEDs to brighten things up. Unfortunately I couldn’t get the window blackout kit on the car to look perfect and it just bothered the heck out of me so I pulled it off.

Blackout on frontend

Next I wanted to replace the rear spoiler with something just a little more aggressive so I hit eBay again and while I was at it I blacked out the rear emblems and exhaust surrounds.

Next up I have the wheel blackout kit and another window blackout kit to install. I’m hopeful that this kit will be a bit better because I ordered from a better company that uses Avery vinyl and I’ve watched a million vids on the install to pick up as many tricks as possible. I’m going to try to be a little less picky and accept 95% instead of only accepting 100% which is really impossible unless they were removed and reinstalled the trim.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I wrapped the wheels last night and I got to say I’m not sure I like them. Let me know what you think because I’m about ready to pull it off.

A better pic with no shadows...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I detest black wheels. You lose all characteristics of the wheel unless you are right upon them. Might as well run steel wheels.
I have to agree with you... They looked cool up close but when I walked away 20’ and looked back the wheels look smaller and no definition. I’m going to pull it off this evening when I get home.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I removed the chrome delete kit for the wheels and installed the chrome delete kit for the windows. After stepping back and looking at the car from several angles I decided the exhaust finishers didn’t look good either. With them blacked out they just got lost down there kinda like the wheels did when black. I removed the plasti dip on those as well and I’m happy with the result.

Chrome delete kit for the windows

·
Registered
704 Posts
Looks better without the black wheels. Did you go with the gloss or matte finish on the window trim? Hard to tell in photos.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks better without the black wheels. Did you go with the gloss or matte finish on the window trim? Hard to tell in photos.
I went with the matte finish because the rubber surrounds are a matte black and was trying to match it. To me the gloss black stood out against the rubber surrounds.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I originally started a new thread in the main section to let off some steam about how unfortunate it is that tuners don’t support Mac’s with their software. But the over active moderators deleted my post because they felt it should be buried in the Ktuner thread that never gets looked st. Anyway here is my original post....

Well there’s nothing like getting a new mod and not being able to install it. My Ktuner v1.2 came in the mail Tuesday so I dug out my old laptop and loaded the software but the machine is so old it won’t run the software. And seeing how Ktuner does support Mac which is what my newest laptop is I’m pretty much screwed. I tried my work laptop but our security software will not let the program run on it either. I guess my next option is to drag the new all in one desktop out to the garage. What a pain in the butt... I don’t understand why there would be no support for Mac from these companies. I would assume a large chunk of people buying these devices have MacBooks these days.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The Ktuner is in and working on my desktop so I flashed the car today with the Stage 2 tune Dual target using the quick adjustments for throttle response and turbo response set to 1. I tried the setting responsiveness 2 but didn’t like how touchy the throttle and turbo engagement felt. Over all I’m very happy with this configuration as I’m not drag racing the car just wanted a little more punch for passing and entering the HWY. I didn’t use the early spool option because I had heard some things about K control and just didn’t feel like it was something I needed for my uses of the car. Figured I would wash and wax the car afterwards and Betty was shining...lol

·
Cruising in Montana
3,530 Posts
What a pain in the butt... I don’t understand why there would be no support for Mac from these companies. I would assume a large chunk of people buying these devices have MacBooks these days.
Laptops, yes, but probably not MacBooks. Mac OS has, what, 5% of the market? They go where their customers are, and they're running Windows.

Try Boot Camp or Parallels Desktop.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today I added some color to the front emblem on Betty. Figured since the car was black and white and my rear badges are black I’d go ahead and dip the front badge white. It turned out great and I think it looks sharp but it was dark by the time it dried and I got it reinstalled so these are the best pics I have right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The white emblem looks really good! Nice touch. I wouldn't have thought so before seeing it but it really is a nice touch with all the black components surrounding it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts