Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went with the matte finish because the rubber surrounds are a matte black and was trying to match it. To me the gloss black stood out against the rubber surrounds.
How is the window blackout kit holding out in Texas heat? Was it an easy DIY? Could you please share the product link. Thanks!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How is the window blackout kit holding out in Texas heat? Was it an easy DIY? Could you please share the product link. Thanks!
I haven’t noticed any issues in the Texas heat. My biggest suggestion would be to get a kit made of Avery vinyl, it’s just a better product than most and very easy to work with. I bought a cheap kit at first and had a heck of a time. I even pulled that first kit off because I didn’t like the outcome.

Sorry for the duplicate information but wanted to add the stereo upgrade to my build thread as well as in the audio forums Incase it would help someone else trying to do the same. Got the amp, LC2i, bass knob, and a temp sub/box installed. Will try to work on fiberglassing an enclosure on the right side of the trunk next weekend for my permanent 10” high wattage sub.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited by Moderator)
Where did you get the front reflector blackout kit? Tried looking on Ebay but couldn't find anything
I bought the kit from Crux’s Motorsports on eBay, you can also look at their website and order there I believe.

I reworked my system this weekend moving the components to the left wall and finally got around to installing my Skar 10” sub. The Skar is a 4 ohm DVC wired at 2 ohms with 500+ watts going to it and all I can say is WOW.. I plan to install feet on the front or the box and turn it over to fire down but I ran out of time this weekend. If it still sounds good firing down that will be the permanent install to allow items to be thrown in the trunk with no worry of damaging the sub.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I added a grill to the sub and started on the sound deadening in the cabin. I was able to do all four doors inside and out with 36sq ft of material and the road noise was much lower once completed. I need to order more material so I can pull the seats and carpet and do the floor and as much of the firewall as I can get to.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well I dove into the rest of the sound deadening this weekend. Got the back seat and all the floor on the passengers side done. I’ll tackle the drivers side floor tomorrow and try to get it all back together. I removed the front seat and lifted the carpet up to do one side at a time. Just didn’t feel like removing the console for that small area. Sorry no pics of the floor because it was tough holding the carpet up and applying material at the same time.

·
ChoppednTubbed
437 Posts
I added a grill to the sub and started on the sound deadening in the cabin. I was able to do all four doors inside and out with 36sq ft of material and the road noise was much lower once completed. I need to order more material so I can pull the seats and carpet and do the floor and as much of the firewall as I can get to.

Really appreciate your perspective and insight. You beat me to the first question that came to mind, which was exactly how you sound deadened the door noise, but I then subsequently saw the pic. Excellent job! Please keep us posted.

View attachment 516979

View attachment 516980

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
And finally the floor is sound deadened.. It’s not 100% coverage because it’s very hard to get to some areas without removing the entire interior and the entire carpet which I didn’t feel like doing. I removed all the seats and then lifted the carpet and installed the sound deadening under it so I was able to get probably 75% coverage. Here’s a couple pictures of the driver side floor under the seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How difficult was it to wire in the amp and LC2i? Ive done amp installs before, but that was in high school on old volvo stations wagons with aftermarket headunits, not with these fancy new touchscreen stereos.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How difficult was it to wire in the amp and LC2i? Ive done amp installs before, but that was in high school on old volvo stations wagons with aftermarket headunits, not with these fancy new touchscreen stereos.
Shouldn't be too hard as long as you have the right pieces. The axxess t-harness makes it a simple plug and play. Reaching the factory wires is just a tad annoying because some of the wires don't have a lot of slack. Also, difficulty might depend on how and where you're wiring all your equipment.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I don’t think it wasn’t hard at all and I didn’t use T harness. I tapped both front speakers behind the kick panels using posi-taps and ran the wires down the right side of the car back to the LC2i. I ran the power down the left side of the car and drilled a hole in the truck to use a bolt and nut for the ground. I’m not one of those that spends money on something I can do myself and didn’t want the T-harness just to tap four wires.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I got the JBL components installed in the front doors today and mounted the Alpine Power Pack amp and connected them. This little amp really makes the components scream for only being 45 watts rms x four channels. I’ll try and get the new JBL coaxials I stalled in the rear deck tomorrow and get all the wiring finished up. I used the stock speakers as brackets for the new speakers and the fit like a glove, I had no intention of ever reinstalling them so they we’re going in the trash anyway. The tweeters fit right into the factory housing and I I seduce hot glue to hold them in place.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Today i finished the coaxial install in the rear deck and sound deadened the deck and cover while I was in there. Got the Alpine Power Pack installed and wired everything up and this little amp really makes the speakers scream!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well better late than never but I finally got around to having a locksmith come out and program my remote start key today. So yeah I added remote start to Betty today and at $150 for everything including tax and not even leaving the house I would say it’s a great deal..lol.. I bought the key on eBay for $40 +tax and the locksmith charged me $100 to come to my house and program the key.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts