Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm not sure if anybody did this here before.

Today, I bought a Can of BG 109 and followed the instructions on the Can. Post procedure, the behaviour of my car is just overwhelming. I also want to let you all know that I did the transmission internal filter replacement a couple of days ago with 3 drains and refills. I also cleaned my throttle body by taking it off the manifold at the same time. My car was running excellent after those two procedures. But with today's engine flush, the performance has gone to a whole new level. I think this final result is a cumulative effect of all the three projects that I undertook. I highly recommend this engine flush. The Can says idle the car at 1200 rpm for 10 minutes but I idled my car at 1400-1500 rpm for 13-14 minutes.

I'm planning to do it again before my next oil change.

Thank you :wave:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My wife had to drive my Accord today. The first thing she said after she came home was, "Our Accord is so quick now. It wasn't like this the last time I drove it some 3-4 months ago. It is just so quick now. Did you modify anything in the car"?

Well friends, the only difference from then and now is that I used this flush and NAPA's fast engine flush. I'm glad to have done these two flushes. I noticed a significant difference immediately after the first flush and now that my wife can feel the difference too, that says it all :yes:!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Glad it worked for you bra. Never heard of it

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it at Excel Automotive Technology, 5621 Schumacher Ln, Houston, Texas 77057. Cost was I think around $16 + tax for 11 fl. oz. container. Instructions are on the container itself.

I just looked up on the BG Website. The Part Number is still 109 but they updated the name to Engine Performance Restoration.

The one that I am planning to do before my next oil change is BG Engine Purge, Part Number 120. This is supposed to be the most powerful solvent that BG makes. So, I left it for last. It's like I prepped my engine with BG 109 and NAPA Engine Fast Flush before using BG Engine Purge in my final step.

BG Products are not sold by too many online retailers. I don't know why. But Honda Parts Direct sells a host of BG Products and there are a few sellers on eBay too.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi all, I'm not sure if anybody did this here before.

Today, I bought a Can of BG 109 and followed the instructions on the Can. Post procedure, the behaviour of my car is just overwhelming. I also want to let you all know that I did the transmission internal filter replacement a couple of days ago with 3 drains and refills. I also cleaned my throttle body by taking it off the manifold at the same time. My car was running excellent after those two procedures. But with today's engine flush, the performance has gone to a whole new level. I think this final result is a cumulative effect of all the three projects that I undertook. I highly recommend this engine flush. The Can says idle the car at 1200 rpm for 10 minutes but I idled my car at 1400-1500 rpm for 13-14 minutes.

I'm planning to do it again before my next oil change.

Thank you :wave:
Do you call a little cylindrical filter as internal?
That is a false statement because the internal filter is buried deeply inside a transmission. You need to completely take apart transmission in order to change it. Here is how internal filter looks: http://cobratransmission.com/index....504014&zenid=2a8737ce0199c26bc1a827d9d1770d09

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This part is ATF cooler return filter not a transmission filter.
Oh I see. It is popularly called on this board as Automatic Transmission internal filter. There are quite a few threads on here about it's replacement.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Oh I see. It is popularly called on this board as Automatic Transmission internal filter. There are quite a few threads on here about it's replacement.
I call it a popular mistake.:yes:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:yes:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some clarifications here:

I just came off the phone with Team BG and Associates in Louisiana. And the staff member there confirmed to me that BG109 is more powerful than BG120. He said BG120 is more like a solvent for sludge related issues whereas BG109 goes much deeper and has the capacity to clean the ring areas. So, that's the answer. After getting that information, I ordered two bottles of BG109 :yes:!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts