Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birthday is coming up soon, and I'm thinking about getting my self something for my 06 Accord V6. I wanna get a mod that relatively cheap, less than $75. Something small, but more performance than looks. I currently have only three mods, OEM Fogs, HID in my OEM Fogs, and Diode Dynamics Stage 3 Interior LED kit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Just FTW, I'm looking for suggestions beside a RSB, as that is the most common "cheap mod" recommendation. I am taking that into consideration, however, I'm not fully sure how I want to have my suspension set up, and don't wanna waste money if I change my mind!

Thanks guys!
Chipperf

·
Registered
99 Posts
ipod integration?:yes:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking mostly for a performance mod, just to clarify!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not much you can do with $75 in the performance mods. I think the TL RSB would be a great mod even if you decide to keep the rest of your suspension stock.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cheap performance isn't performance at all just looks. might as well get ipod integration
more useful than whatever you getting with 75 dollars.
I bought USA SPEC one cost me around 100 plus shipping.
I went to best-buy and the geek squad guy told me isimple is horrible and they cost twice as much as USA SPEC. Think about it! =]

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
:nuts: For 75 bucks ill seat in ur back seat and make turbo noises ....Kidding.....:lmao: but performace wise aint nothing much around that price..
I LOLed.

TL RSB if you install it yourself. Other than that, nothing boss.

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
K&N Drop in Filter

+1 on RSB

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Don't expect much for a $75 budget. By the way, you have two "mods", not three. Installing an OEM accessory, such as fog lights, is not a "mod." Changing the bulbs to HIDs is a mod, and changing the interior lights is also a mod. However, I would not want to be in your vehicle if you try and use your modified fog lights in real fog. You will likely blind yourself due to the excessive reflection caused by the HIDs. But I am guessing you installed the fogs for cosmetic purposes only.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No matter what you decide to do to your suspension, the TL RSB will be a huge benefit. All you need to do is decide if you want the 17mm base TL's RSB or the 23mm (I think) TL-S's bar. Or you can go for a strut tower bar from the TL/V6MT, or maybe even a trunk brace.

You've got a V6? Why not take out the intake or exhaust resonator? J-Pipe or test pipe? Used intake? Throttle body spacer? Torque dampner?

Now, I don't actually know how much any of these things cost, but think they're around $75. Don't hold me to it.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Go out to eat at a Great restaurant. :thmsup:

·
No longer active
702 Posts
Remove your intake resonator for free and spend the money elsewhere.
I don't think you are going to find many performance mods that run less than $75, much less anything that will actually noticeably change performance, except the one mod you aren't interested in doing.
Removing the intake resonator will give you a small bump in power but will make the car sound more aggressive under hard acceleration while remaining quiet under normal driving. Plus, it only costs you time and (maybe) a few scraped knuckles. If you end up not liking the sound, you can always put it back on.
$75 will get you an ipod adapter that charges your ipod. Search ebay and you'll find a cheap, easy to install unit for less than $40, like I did.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Excuse me felow members, but what exacty is an RSB and an SRI?? lol

·
No longer active
702 Posts

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
No matter what you decide to do to your suspension, the TL RSB will be a huge benefit. All you need to do is decide if you want the 17mm base TL's RSB or the 23mm (I think) TL-S's bar. Or you can go for a strut tower bar from the TL/V6MT, or maybe even a trunk brace.

You've got a V6? Why not take out the intake or exhaust resonator? J-Pipe or test pipe? Used intake? Throttle body spacer? Torque dampner?

Now, I don't actually know how much any of these things cost, but think they're around $75. Don't hold me to it.
A J-Pipe is around $400. A Torque Damper is around $175.

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
hawk brake pads

1 - 20 of 20 Posts