Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody dyed or wrapped the interior pillars and headliner? I would love to have a black or anthracite since I have black leather in my ex-l sedan. I haven't seen anyone with it yet, and don't know of any diy's or precautions. If you can chime in that would be great...thanks!

·
Registered
652 Posts
First of all I've never done this or even thought about doing it but there's videos on YouTube on removing a headliner. You can find black headliner fabric on eBay. The removal on the headliner didn't look to difficult on the video i saw but who knows.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all I've never done this or even thought about doing it but there's videos on YouTube on removing a headliner. You can find black headliner fabric on eBay. The removal on the headliner didn't look to difficult on the video i saw but who knows.
I've seen videos, just not on our car...or even pics of how it looks. I wasn't sure with the side airbags and all what steps to take with that etc.

I love our car, i just wish there was a more customize-able program when buying it..(interior trim, headliner colors, etc)

Im sure its not a difficult task, but would love help from someone who's done it

·
Registered
652 Posts
Does any manufacturer let you pick the headliner color? Genuinely asking . . .
Never heard of such a thing. If someone put a gun to my head right now and asked me the color of my headliner i wouldn't be certain lol. That's pretty bad but im guessing gray. My car is about 40 miles away so i can't even check right now.
Edit.... Remembered i had a pic of my interior on my phone and yes it's light gray.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does any manufacturer let you pick the headliner color? Genuinely asking . . .
I used to work for BMW & Mini yrs back, and all of that was an option then, as far as headliners it was between that grey/tan and anthracite/black. Of course im not comparing our cars to higher end cars, however I like that if there's not something on the lot that isn't exactly how you like it, you can custom order it and be completely satisfied.

Its crazy how just changing the color of the headliner and pillars can change the whole appearance of the interior

·
Registered
652 Posts
I came by here for the first time this morning.....and since I know Wards pretty well, I thought I'd help spread the word.

To the best of my knowledge, there really isn't a good forum around dedicated to Honda's most popular vehicle, so I think you've got a winner here :)

All the best of luck for this site! I'll be making this one of my regular stops :)
That's interesting i never would have guessed but then again I've never owned a luxury or expensive vehicle. Kinda makes sense i guess to have more options for people who have the money to spend on expensive vehicles.
Edit... Didn't mean to quote hondacuraworld. Don't know how that happened. Quote meant for the kekoa.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Has anybody dyed or wrapped the interior pillars and headliner? I would love to have a black or anthracite since I have black leather in my ex-l sedan. I haven't seen anyone with it yet, and don't know of any diy's or precautions. If you can chime in that would be great...thanks!
I have, but it's many years. Spray on fabric dye and plastic appropriate paint for the trim bits. Worked fine. Obviously need to protect the interior from overspray/mist fallout when doing the headline,r unless you remove it, and thoroughly air out after.

·
2014 Accord EX-L Coupe
353 Posts
Yes. I have seen this and on a 9th Gen Honda Coupe. It was a husband/wife team with the wife doing the work. Can't remember how I stumbled across it though. They were obviously very good at customizing cars and the job came out great.

use the search and it gives two options. Use the Google one. That will pull anything related. Maybe just start with headliner or headliner replacement or repair. Then again maybe it was YouTube??

·
Registered
223 Posts
There is no option like that with our cars. Its just bundled packages. As far as headliner and pillars go, the pillars are easy. The headliner is a little more difficult. I just removed both this week for my sound insulation install. I have a coupe which the headliner is a little easier to remove due to the shorter roof and wider doors. But you have to removed the front and middle dome lights, the FCW camera, OS handles, the entire backseat to get to the rear trim pieces, and remove the seat belt bolts. I had the front seats removed when I took out my headliner though. I can't imagine having the front seats in place otherwise. Also a second person helps too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts