Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blacking out the lower rear bumper w/pics

Took my 09 coupe over to the tint place to correct a rear window that has started to show a bubble or two from it being done 20 months ago. They replaced it no cost per the solar guard warranty. While there I inquired if they could black vinyl out my lower exhaust area of the bumper per BMW style. They used Avery Vinyl - Matte black and a heat gun - came out nice for $40:

also duplicolor'd my brake calipers, they make a 900 degree paint for this:

This is Window Tint USA - Coconut Creek, Fl

·
09ACCORDCOUPE
599 Posts
I like it. This'll look good on my BBP Coupe...hmm
$40 isn't bad. Did they give you an estimate on how long it should hold up? Hopefully indefinitely.:thmsup:

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
How did they end up cutting the vinyl? I hope they didn't use a razor blade up against your paint. :paranoid:

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Why so immediately neg guys?

3 yes and used template
Not my 1st rodeo
Oh no, don't misunderstand me. I wasn't trying to be negative at all. I was just wondering how they ended up cutting the vinyl. I know some places cut their vinyl right on the car and I wouldn't want that.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh no, don't misunderstand me. I wasn't trying to be negative at all. I was just wondering how they ended up cutting the vinyl. I know some places cut their vinyl right on the car and I wouldn't want that.
no prob - this was cut on the table after using sticky tracing paper to follow the ridge. That's what makes this an easy clean project, as the creases on the accord sub bumper make it look like it should be done. The vinyl itself is UV proof exterior grade and very thick - like 2 -3 X the tint. Naturally like everything else, the real focus is on the prep and acetone was used to get a perfect wax free surface for mounting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts