Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time doing a test on my oil was surprised about the high lead that was found, sorry about the blurry picture of the report.

Comments from Blackstone:

Thanks for the note about the oil consumption. Really, the loss of 1 quart of oil in 4,000 miles doesn't seem all that unusual, but if that's more than this Accord uses, then it could be something to watch. Lead was the only high number in this sample, at 6 ppm. That's not a lot, but since averages show just 1 ppm of lead after -6,800 miles, this level could show some bearing wear. it may also be a harmless particle streak, or it could be residual blow-by if you've run any leaded fuel or octane booster. Use -4,000 miles again next oil, and check back to builds trends.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Flashpoint, Fuel dilution, and Insoluables are all fine. You probably have no problems, but, I'm no Tribologist. If you really want an expert's opinion, you may have to pay one.

The "particle streak" theory is one I've heard Tribologists offer as a possibility on occasion, and it could be just that regarding the iron blip. Waiting and doing another UOA is the best way I know to determine if that was the case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts