Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blow off valve? How to make turbo spooling & whistle sound louder? Need more Pssssh

Does Anyone know if Any brand Blow off Valves have came out with any (I have the 1.5t). If so would you guys recommend it?

Turbo

I was wondering if anyone knew how I could make the turbo spooling & whistle sound louder? & does the 1.5t come with the turbo gauge on the dash or no? Or am I missing something?

·
Banned
438 Posts
Does Anyone know if Any brand Blow off Valves have came out with any (I have the 1.5t). If so would you guys recommend it?
do it yeah! you will run rich because the ecu expects that air to make its way into the combustion chamber.

like removing the resonator from your airbox, or running an exposed air filter will 100% give you cool spooly turbo noises and wastegate noises that will make you smile

·
Banned
123 Posts
please do this to your car. There is a reason every video and post they make about that. I sell tuning products and we don't sell that that should tell you something. They are trying to sell a product so of course they say it doesnt harm your car. My company is not the kind of company of you want to do business with. You can't argue with math and science. If you dump 1 part of air out of a recirculating system, the ecu still expects that air and sends the amount of fuel requested for the original amount of air. When that air doesnt arrive, you send unmixed fuel straight into the cylinder thereby running rich, washing the cylinder walls of oil and causing major issues down the road. In the civic world, we had guys throwing cels, and dumping fuel out of the exhaust.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,573 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knew how I could make the turbo spooling & whistle sound louder? & does the 1.5t come with the turbo gauge on the dash or no? Or am I missing something?
On a lot of 18-wheelers you can really hear the turbo. Maybe you could trade your Accord for a Kenworth if that sound is so important to you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I must say the sound from that vid is amazing. Is that on a stock tune? Wish someone offered an intake for the 1.5Ts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Aftermarket Blow off valve for the noise

Say what you want but I've always wanted to drive a car with a cool sounding blow off valve.

I saw a couple videos with the boomba bov and the sound is awesome.

But upon further research it looks like it's actually harmful for our cars, makes the car run rich, could even make the car go into limp mode.

Can anyone explain why this is? Has anyone here done it?

Absolutely no way is it worth for me to have a cool sound by harming my car. It's definitely a bummer I guess I should have bought a WRX if I wanted the noise

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
It amazes me the amount of misinformation that is floating around the internet. It really surprises me that people aren't blowing up their cars more often. And here I am worried that I'm not changing my rear diff fluid enough in my trackday car.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I can't confirm if a BOV will make the engine run rich, I can confirm it's a waste of stored energy.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If making unnecessary noise pollution is that important to you, (or IDK maybe it's a juvenile thing to need a noisy car to get respect from one's peers) you can always take a drill to your muffler! (Don't, obviously.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check out the videos with guys that put on a K&N intake. It adds alot more psssh ? to the car without any foreseeable issues with reliability. Looking to get one myself soon. I'll post once done

·
OBSIDIANBLUE
515 Posts
If making unnecessary noise pollution is that important to you, (or IDK maybe it's a juvenile thing to need a noisy car to get respect from one's peers) you can always take a drill to your muffler! (Don't, obviously.)
I like being quiet also....loud is reserved for the mute.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What's the best cold air intake? 2020 accord 2.0t.. is there a difference in let's say the ones on ebay for like 50 bucks and prl intakes what intake would you buy? From experience.... also how come theres no blow off valve for this accord? Are they useless? I just like the sound.. thanks..

Check out the videos with guys that put on a K&N intake. It adds alot more psssh ? to the car without any foreseeable issues with reliability. Looking to get one myself soon. I'll post once done
U ever get the intake? I'm looking into a intake, I like that sound, is k and n the only ones that do that? I had a prl but didnt hear anything. Lmk if I and n was worth it.u see any difference with power, gas . Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts