Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, On my way to work this morning my fan motor (behind glovebox) started whining. Heard more when on low. I called Honda got a price and part number. I have a friend that works for Acura but she cannot get discounted parts for Honda cars. My question to you guys is: What car is interchangeable with the 09 Accord V6 Coupe WNavi. I thought the 09 TL but the part number was different and I'd assume since all parts are made at the same place they would have the same part number.
Thanks in advance guys!
Oh, and random question, What would a stock TL have for headlights. I want to go HID but I don't like them too blue and would like it to have a more OEM look.
Cheers from Canada!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, its the exact same part number!
If anybody sees this in future and needs it, the proper part number is
79310 TA0 A01

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
before you jump the gun why don't you pull it out and check for leaves? leaves in the motor make funky noises - scratches, humming, whining. clean it out and try again.

·
Registered
340 Posts
did it solve the problem?

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
My motor blower has a slight whistling (whining) noise to it and has since I got the car last January. Is that the noise you are talking about? If not, please elaborate on your noise.

Scott C.

·
Registered
340 Posts
That's about right for me

·
14 Lexus ES350
99 Posts
before you jump the gun why don't you pull it out and check for leaves? leaves in the motor make funky noises - scratches, humming, whining. clean it out and try again.
My motor blower has a slight whistling (whining) noise to it and has since I got the car last January. Is that the noise you are talking about? If not, please elaborate on your noise.

Scott C.
I think the blower motor whine is actually quite common in early accord models. Mine made noise almost ever since I bought the car.
I've tried almost everything I could beside replacing the motor. Took it out, cleaned it. Greased it. Sprayed some WD40 on it. Nothing worked.

It was getting gradually worse and I bought the part online and replaced it myself. Its about 5-10 minutes of work. requiring basic tools, very simple.

Noise was gone after I replaced blower motor with new one.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Thanks for the info and I'm glad to hear it was quick. Where did you buy it and happen to have the correct part number handy (I have a sedan, so not sure if the coupe part number is different)?

Scott C.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. There is a service bulletin for the L4 posted online to replace the kick plate and the wiring harnesses. But I think my motor is just starting to go bad, maybe not. But i cant take the stupid noise anymore.

If anyone is interested in the service bulletin, just google 08 accord blower motor noise, it will be in the results from a different forum.

·
14 Lexus ES350
99 Posts
sorry if i'm replying too late.
Blower motor part# is 79310-TA0-A01
Its about $60 + S&H
Its couple of screws and simple plug&play setup. If you are familiar with working with cars, its less than 10 minutes of work.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
On a side note, I highly recommend that the 4-cylinder guys get the passenger-side lower cover that goes over the blower. It'll keep passengers from kicking the blower and it'll quiet the "whirring/chirping" sound the blower makes at low speeds. With the radio off and the blower on low, the blower makes a noticeable whir that cannot be heard once this cover is installed. It's also a necessary part if you plan on installing the OEM ambient lighting kit.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...INSTRUMENT+PANEL+GARNISH+(PASSENGER+SIDE)+(1)

It's number 7 on the diagram.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I think the blower motor whine is actually quite common in early accord models. Mine made noise almost ever since I bought the car.
I've tried almost everything I could beside replacing the motor. Took it out, cleaned it. Greased it. Sprayed some WD40 on it. Nothing worked.

It was getting gradually worse and I bought the part online and replaced it myself. Its about 5-10 minutes of work. requiring basic tools, very simple.

Noise was gone after I replaced blower motor with new one.
So it's the blower motor that's making the noise. We thought it was the fan and it had always been like that since we bought our 11 new. It does get louder as we switch the fan to higher speed, which is why we though it was the fan.

Is it a whirring sound and anyone know whether the dealer fix it if still under the extended warranty? Thanks in advance.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
I would also like to know if it is under warranty (certified or extended)? My car is due to go into the dealership next week.

Scott C.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Having a Type B1 service done on March 3rd. Will keep people on this thread posted as to whether they will judge the whirring blower motor as slightly defective and replace it under extended warranty.

Even my 02 Civic's blower motor isn't that noisy.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
My blower motor will be replaced under Honda's extended warranty. The dealership ordered the part in.
That was my experience as well (the dealership replaced it a couple of days ago). :)

Scott C.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Asked the dealer here in Toronto last week what was taking so long and was told they shipped the part back because they called us twice but we didn't pick up. ???

Had the replacement done today and boy, the new blower motor is that much more silent. :)

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Hey guys, What would a stock TL have for headlights. I want to go HID but I don't like them too blue and would like it to have a more OEM look.
Cheers from Canada!!!
4300K is the OEM color

·
Registered
429 Posts
4300K is the OEM color
I wonder if that's still true? Lately I've been noticing that the newer german imports around here seem to be sporting hids with a distinct blue tinge to them, similar to the color of the led drls that manufacturers are slapping on everything.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts