Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had blow head gasket issues with their 2018 Honda Accord? We have our car at the dealership now and they are saying we have a blown head gasket (possibly) and once we give them to ok to fix they will pull it apart to see if it also has a cracked engine.

I have been looking through sites and found that several other people are having the same issue with the 2018 (mostly turbo) Honda accord but Honda will not do anything/issue a recall until enough people complain.

So is anyone else having the same issue? Have you documented it with Honda? What is the best way to document with them in hopes that there is a recall if this is a common issue that is happening?
Hello, I have 2018 Honda Accord. Im having same Issue. Please lets push them to fix our cars for free off charge. Thx

Has anyone had blow head gasket issues with their 2018 Honda Accord? We have our car at the dealership now and they are saying we have a blown head gasket (possibly) and once we give them to ok to fix they will pull it apart to see if it also has a cracked engine.

I have been looking through sites and found that several other people are having the same issue with the 2018 (mostly turbo) Honda accord but Honda will not do anything/issue a recall until enough people complain.

So is anyone else having the same issue? Have you documented it with Honda? What is the best way to document with them in hopes that there is a recall if this is a common issue that is happening?

I called American Honda, American Honda told me that its not covers under warranty has past. Please Complain to America Honda, I have the number for them. Please do complain otherwise owners will eat the Cost . I provided the number for American Honda. Thx
  1. Call Customer Care on 1-800-999-1009

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello, I have 2018 Honda Accord. Im having same Issue. Please lets push them to fix our cars for free off charge. Thx

I called American Honda, American Honda told me that its not covers under warranty has past. Please Complain to America Honda, I have the number for them. Please do complain otherwise owners will eat the Cost . I provided the number for American Honda. Thx
  1. Call Customer Care on 1-800-999-1009
Again, it would be nice to have some details. Here we have someone else who just joined DA and provided next to zero information.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello, I have 2018 Honda Accord. Im having same Issue. Please lets push them to fix our cars for free off charge..
Hello, I have 2018 Honda Accord. Im having same Issue. Please lets push them to fix our cars for free off charge.
Two post from two different users with identical wording. Something doesn't smell right.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Some dealerships and their techs. are just incompetent or dishonest. I took my new in 2005 Odyssey for it's second oil change to a Honda dealer and they told me that the engine had a major oil leak and they were going to keep it for testing and try to diagnose where the oil was coming from? They ran the engine for 3 hours trying to duplicate the issue and found nothing. After a couple of days, I insisted that they update me with the status or return my van to me. They gave it back to me saying that if I see oil on the floor to come back and see them. I took the van to a local mechanic and we raised the van up and studied it from beneath. The oil leak that the Honda Techs were pointing out to and working on (they had left paint marks and stickers/zip ties to highlight the area) was nothing but what oil drops on one of the cross members when the filter is changed. Someone did not wipe the cross member at Honda during the van's first oil change and second time around they thought that they had "discovered" a major issue. I still have the van with over 180K miles on it. Although it has had it's fair share of issues but oil leak is not one of them.

Reactions: andrewtl96

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Sigh… desperate times…

I have never heard of blown head gasket on any Accord after 7th gen either. A 20 year old Accord? Maybe.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Just found this thread.

I have a 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid with a blown head gasket. 54k miles, still under warranty, but the head gasket is on back order and won't ship for 2 weeks. I have 4 gripes about this, while i'm otherwise grateful it was caught while still in the 5y/60k warranty and Honda will pay for repairs:

1. The Head Gasket Set part is on national back order and my car has to sit at the dealer for 2 weeks, just until the part ships.
  2. The dealer service dept. decided not to pull the cylinder head for inspection until AFTER the head gasket part arrives - so the wait may be even longer. Reasoning was that "if we find out the head is good, we may be able to reassemble it with the new HG in just a day and get it back to you instead of occupying a service bay for 2 weeks waiting)
  3. Honda Care (which I have) will reimburse up to $35/day for a rental, for a max of 6 days -- 8 if you complain to HC customer service, but not any longer than eight days. I've appealed to the Public Relations dept, but due to this being Thanksgiving week, I don't expect to hear back until Friday or Monday at earliest.
  4. There's no engine temp gauge (at least in the Hybrid, not sure about other models), and I received only 1 cryptic warning about engine temp heat one time - advising I just let the engine cool before continuing my drive. I never got any steam or other overheat signs. I even have Torque Pro and a reader, but it found no engine codes. So there's no warning to drivers about a potential problem. Mine only got noticed because while bringing the car for recall work, I mentioned the heater felt cool intermittently, and they did a pressure test which found the leak into the engine.

If anyone can benefit by seeing someone else with this problem, great. If anyone has any ideas on how I should improve my potential outcome here - demanding a whole engine replacement, etc... hit me with your wisdom :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
This guy said he blew a head gasket

This video too. Folks in the comment section were saying they had the same problem. Geez, I hope my car lasts 200K

In the videos I posted they were talking about having clogged fuel injectors so the blown head gaskets may have been caused by driving with clogged fuel injectors that were caused by using cheap gas…

Does anyone have any thoughts on the videos I posted?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Does anyone have any thoughts on the videos I posted?
My tire pressure monitor came on hours into a long trip several times... I actually convinced myself it was a way for Honda to get drivers to take a break from being at the wheel -- like a safety advisory minus an actual reason being given - like lane departure etc.

I put on four new tires Verdestein - look 'em up on Tire Rack - at 32,000 miles. In 3,000 miles no tpm advisory and the new tires are terrific. In my opinion, the tpm is a joke as I always stopped and checked tire pressure, but never found a low tire or a tire that was losing pressure much less flat!

Was that your video of all the trouble lights coming on? And your car? I'd be raising hell if that was my car. Honda needs to know about your problem, in my opinion and the sooner the better.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have the same issue I'm fixing it my self

·
Registered
184 Posts
My tire pressure monitor came on hours into a long trip several times... I actually convinced myself it was a way for Honda to get drivers to take a break from being at the wheel -- like a safety advisory minus an actual reason being given - like lane departure etc.

I put on four new tires Verdestein - look 'em up on Tire Rack - at 32,000 miles. In 3,000 miles no tpm advisory and the new tires are terrific. In my opinion, the tpm is a joke as I always stopped and checked tire pressure, but never found a low tire or a tire that was losing pressure much less flat!

Was that your video of all the trouble lights coming on? And your car? I'd be raising hell if that was my car. Honda needs to know about your problem, in my opinion and the sooner the better.
Glad you got the tpm straightened out. No, that video wasn’t from me. I haven’t had any trouble with my car.

I have the same issue I'm fixing it my self
How many miles are on your car and do you have a 1.5 engine? Also, did you have previous problems that led to the head gasket blowing?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts