Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think i toasted my ole gurls engine yesterday. So recently I been having cooling issues and it wanting to over heat. I've never let it get to, or go past H. However, ever since the freeze we had, these issues started. Car gets hot only while accelerating, at rest or coast, it'll start to cool back down. Anyways, started to get a constant misfire. That should've been my first my red flag. My heater would NOT work for crap neither, always felt like a.c was still on.... I ended up replacing the radiator cause was told it was leaking , same problem. Long story short I was trying to find a quick place to stop and cool it but next thing u know cars just shuddering and now gotta cloud of smoke behind me. Pull over open the cap and yicks. Milkshake 馃槺馃槹馃ズ馃が

2015 accord sport
So I think i toasted my ole gurls engine yesterday. So recently I been having cooling issues and it wanting to over heat. I've never let it get to, or go past H. However, ever since the freeze we had, these issues started. Car gets hot only while accelerating, at rest or coast, it'll start to cool back down. Anyways, started to get a constant misfire. That should've been my first my red flag. My heater would NOT work for crap neither, always felt like a.c was still on.... I ended up replacing the radiator cause was told it was leaking , same problem. Long story short I was trying to find a quick place to stop and cool it but next thing u know cars just shuddering and now gotta cloud of smoke behind me. Pull over open the cap and yicks. Milkshake 馃槺馃槹馃ズ馃が
Yes, you definitely have a blown head gasket without a doubt.

Registered
2013 Accord Sport CVT
The coolant temp 鈥済auge鈥 on modern cars is a joke. I know Mazda have a very simple coolant light that let you know the coolant is too cold (blue), in normal temperature (not illuminated), or too hot (red). And coolant temp gauges on most cars is no differ than a dump indication light, the needle will just stays in the normal location unless there鈥檚 a significant change in coolant temperature. On my 2.4 9th accord, needle start to rise from 50 and reach normal location in around 70. Normal operating temperature is 80 in good traffic. I never see my temp needle go above the normal location, even in extreme traffic when my coolant temperature reaches 95 then cooling fan kicked in.
If you see it ever rises from normal location, even just a bit, there鈥檚 a cooling issue, it doesn鈥檛 need to past H to do series damage.

I rather like the Mazda鈥檚 idea and use that space for something else more useful for the drivers. Some say manufacturer do this to reduce customer complaints about temp needle fluctuate since the coolant temperature does float a bit depends on vehicle speed, engine load, heaters etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts