Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Marcus
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 Sedan EX-L V6 without navi; premium audio. I also have a 500 watt Alpine amp with 2 10" Kicker Comps and a line out converter. My factory sub seems to not play anymore and makes a horrible cracking/popping sound, especially when going over bumps. The subwoofers now play one constant tone of bass, even when the radio is off, luckily I have a gain knob and can turn them down from the front of the car.

Any help here? I can't listen to any music when I drive - it's awful!

P.S I've had this setup for two years and had no problems. I've tinkered with the connections and it all seems ok.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds like a bad voice coil on the sub. Have you tried plugging in a friend's subwoofer? Oh wait even when the radio is off you say? If its changing with a bump in the road it sounds like something is loose. Did you check inside the box too?

·
Marcus
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a bad voice coil on the sub. Have you tried plugging in a friend's subwoofer? Oh wait even when the radio is off you say? If its changing with a bump in the road it sounds like something is loose. Did you check inside the box too?
I have not tried either yet, just messed with all the visible connections to make sure they're in right. I was thinking it could be something loose, but still need to check the wires inside the box. I'm still puzzled as to why my kickers are playing with the radio off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try unplugging your RCAs from LOC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts