Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bug this weekend.

1) Reverse camera is nice and flush above the license plate, but I also lost my sun glasses holder for the monitor. If I only had built in navi, oh well I'll get it when I trade this one in. Ran the wire through the a pillar for power and did all of the positive taps from te reverse lights. Did a wireless transmission and there is a delay of 1 second. Pretty nice for backing up in tight spaces since the bottom line on te screen is 1 foot exactly. The last pic is a little deceiving since it was not that dark outside.

2) Blue emblem background and blue grill screens. Decide to run with the blue theme since I did a red theme on the last accord. After it was all done I think i should have gone black on the grills. The diamond mesh is from home depot, it was 6 buck a sheet.

3) The wiskers are gone also, some of you will know what i mean.

Q1) Kind of paint: I picked up a can from Walmart, it was the kind that bonds with plastic. It is on the label not the fine print. DIY is easy; remove the radiator cover and upper grill. Measure, cut, and fit your material. Paint and install. I left the metal a little long so I could bend the edges to increase the stiffness.

Q2) The monitor is 3.5" and it was sanded on the top edge to fit in the sunglass holder. My only advice on the DIY is that when you remove the side curtain airbag plastic push pin from the a pillar is to go from the sides or else you will crease it like I did. Besides the rest of the install is just wiring splices and electrical tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
:thmsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Looks good! You should maybe get some blue vinyl to do the back emblems to match the front too. Slap on a decklid spoiler and you're set!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice! Whiskers b gone! Lolll. Btw what back up cam did you use and how big was the monitor? Diy would be awesome!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question answered in original post.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
thanks, but was it like from a particular brand? like ive seen a company called peak that has a wireless rear view camera kit. but not sure if its any good. also, how did you get the camera in the middle? isnt that for the lock to open the trunk? and mind taking a day time pic of where the monitor is? thanks again

·
Registered
372 Posts
Got a bug this weekend.

1) Reverse camera is nice and flush above the license plate, but I also lost my sun glasses holder for the monitor. If I only had built in navi, oh well I'll get it when I trade this one in. Ran the wire through the a pillar for power and did all of the positive taps from te reverse lights. Did a wireless transmission and there is a delay of 1 second. Pretty nice for backing up in tight spaces since the bottom line on te screen is 1 foot exactly. The last pic is a little deceiving since it was not that dark outside.

2) Blue emblem background and blue grill screens. Decide to run with the blue theme since I did a red theme on the last accord. After it was all done I think i should have gone black on the grills. The diamond mesh is from home depot, it was 6 buck a sheet.

3) The wiskers are gone also, some of you will know what i mean.

Q1) Kind of paint: I picked up a can from Walmart, it was the kind that bonds with plastic. It is on the label not the fine print. DIY is easy; remove the radiator cover and upper grill. Measure, cut, and fit your material. Paint and install. I left the metal a little long so I could bend the edges to increase the stiffness.

Q2) The monitor is 3.5" and it was sanded on the top edge to fit in the sunglass holder. My only advice on the DIY is that when you remove the side curtain airbag plastic push pin from the a pillar is to go from the sides or else you will crease it like I did. Besides the rest of the install is just wiring splices and electrical tape.
dude im sorry but i saw ur earlier posts too. WTF are you doing to your car.......... seriously.. your the beginning of a new era of ricers.... you have a soshinoya badge on your car and yet you decide to paint you honda emblems blue..... its suppose to be the other way around to red. and dont get me started on the other stuff. i posted that in one of your other threads.... but hey its still your car do whatever the hell you want with it.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like i said earlier the other accord was detailed in red. The soshinoya badge was from my co-workers who are trying to be funny. I did my 3 years over there and still go about every other quarter for work. They also gave me the old person symbol as well.

Whats wrong with rice?

We all have different styles, besides I just cannot wait to see the comments on the rims. Yeah there coming.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Hey man, you're the first person I've seen who's stuck a screen up there in our Accords, could you post some pics and a little more info on that? I have the stock '03 navi, which unfortunately doesn't support an aux input (for a backup cam) and this is a neat idea.

Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No big secret on the metal screens. I had to takeapart the upper grill because of the fog lights i installed earlier. If you remove the upper grill you can reach down to the lower grill for fit up of a screen.

I was inspired by someone who did a rubber rain gutter mod to there grill. I decided to go with metal because when you make it oversized you can actually bend the excess over to build tension to keep the screen from flexing.

Also sent you a PM.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Haha, meant the inside LCD screen! Hooked up near where your sunglasses holder is.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, missed the point on that one. As far as the screen it is 3.5 and I drilled a hole in the sunglasses holder to route the cable thru and then run the power via the a-pillar. While I like the screen, i think i will be switching to lcd visors so i can have my sun glasses holder back.

Used velcro to hold it in place. I do not know what else to elaborate on, but since I missed the point earlier just let me know what else to talk about.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey keoke526, I know this is a little off topic but do you have any pics of the front of your car with headlights/leds on (in the dark and light preferably). I like your setup, but I won't know for sure until i see the lights on :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The headlights are from ebay just type in ccfl projector headlights under ebay motors.

Whiskers are from a early picture post. Trustme you don't want to know.

Pictures - I owe a few but things have been crazy between school, work, lowering springs, and being a single dad. There coming eventually.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No big secret on the metal screens. I had to takeapart the upper grill because of the fog lights i installed earlier. If you remove the upper grill you can reach down to the lower grill for fit up of a screen.

I was inspired by someone who did a rubber rain gutter mod to there grill. I decided to go with metal because when you make it oversized you can actually bend the excess over to build tension to keep the screen from flexing.

Also sent you a PM.
I want to do something along these lines. Well just a grill mod. Now I ask this question having NOT looked at the grill or surrounding pieces or attempted to asses it....but how do you take off the grill?.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts