Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having issues with the head unit losing the pairing between the head unit and their android phone. Mine loses the pairing about every two weeks and I have to re-pair the phone. Without Bluetooth the Android Auto does not work. I have a 2019 Accord Touring. My watch is always paired with my phone and the phone works with my other cars Android Auto without a problem. I have a Samsung S20FE. I have tried other original Samsung cables, but that does not matter since the Bluetooth is not paired.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Did it just start? Did android do an update?
Reason I ask is Apple 15.0 broke a lot of CarPlay stuff for me but luckily 15.02 fixed most of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been happening for a long time. It even happened when I had my Samsung S9 phone. The hard part is that once you I re-pair it, it works. Dealer contact said he would talk to his manager. I think it is something with the head unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I have the same issue with my 21 Accord Hybrid EX-L & Google Pixel 3A. It's frustrating because it loses my speed dial favorites every time this happens. I'm yet to figure out what exactly causes the issue. Also, I don't think this is android auto related because I turned off wireless android auto and connected the phone using just Bluetooth for the phone & music.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You are definitely NOT alone in this! I have had BT connectivity issues across every phone I have owned since buying my 2020 Accord (3 phones). When I had my iPhones, BT would fail during mid-drives. Sometimes it was 5 minutes into my road trip, or sometimes it was an hour into it. Didn't matter, it ALWAYS failed.

I currently have the s21ultra phone, and while I no longer have random mid-drive BT failures, I now have start-up connectivity issues, around 70% of the time. When I took it in, Honda loves blaming my phone as the issue.

Hopefully this problem gets fixed, however, I doubt it ever will . It's gotten to a point where I'm considering just trading it in and steering away from the Accord. It might seem pretty silly to trade in a car for this issue, but, if I paid over $30k for the car, I want it to work, everything to work, as intended. And if Honda is passing off the blame and making excuses for what is an actual issue with the Accords, then I'll vote with my wallet and take my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For my 2019 Touring there is now a software update. Hopefully the update fixes it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use to have that issue till I uninstalled the Honda Link app off my phone. That was the culprit for me... I haven't lost connection since... AA needs Bluetooth and Honda Link needs Bluetooth, my theory there is conflict with both apps running at the same time fighting for the BT connection.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use to have that issue till I uninstalled the Honda Link app off my phone. That was the culprit for me... I haven't lost connection since... AA needs Bluetooth and Honda Link needs Bluetooth, my theory there is conflict with both apps running at the same time fighting for the BT connection.
I am glad it worked for you. I do not have the Honda Link app on my phone, so I am fairly certain that that is not the answer to the problem. It has been nearly a month since you posted about the solution. Is this solution still working for you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Touring is working much better with the new software that was updated. It has been a couple of months and the system does not delete my Bluetooth connection anymore, but it does have a hard time every now and then connecting it. I was not able to get my AA to work without the Honda Link app. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but will play with it again during the holidays.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am glad it worked for you. I do not have the Honda Link app on my phone, so I am fairly certain that that is not the answer to the problem. It has been nearly a month since you posted about the solution. Is this solution still working for you?
It is s till working well for me. also whenever the USB cable is get wore out, it will cause a lot of disconnects. So its good to invest into google quality USB-C cable

·
2010 2.4EX
805 Posts
This is why cars should still have provision for physical aux in. You may not have carplay, but you can still listen to music or podcasts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts