Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to update my car to siri and was prompted with and error during the process. The error read: "An update package could not be processed due to an error reported by the HFL (HFT). Updates are not complete. Error return code UP_INVALAD_CONTENT" I tried to reflash many times and I keep receiving the same error. I followed the instructions exactly. I have a 2013 Honda Accord Ex Sedan. Now when I try to go to phone it shows bluetooth is off!! I can't turn it back on either. I tried disconnecting the battery hoping that I could reset it to back on but no go. Can anybody help please??

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
If you are following the instructions step by step and can still get into diag mode and update mode then there shouldnt be any issue. Check your network connection, make sure your bluetooth adapter is working correctly, maybe even get a different one. Slowly read/go over the directions again. Make sure your battery is not getting weak during the update.

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
After you hold the phone button then hit 2 it says update failed?

Edit: or touch screen buttons.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When i'm at this step

"Press the selector knob on the audio unit to change to the Diag UPDATING screen. The current software version a four digit PIN code will flash. Write it down on a piece of paper and leave it in the vehicle."

Is says failed. I received this after my second attempt on updating.

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
Im not finding anything on this issue at the moment. Only suggestions at this point is look for a factory reset in your headunit. Reset it. unhook your battery and leave it unhooked while you have lunch then attempt the update again. Ill keep trying to look into it or hopefully another Tech has a fix.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Run the diagnostic. See if BT highlighted green. Sounds Ike you may have to take it to dealership to replace the BT module replaced. Don't mention anything about you trying to update it yourself. Just say it randomly popped up saying BT is off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Run the diagnostic. See if BT highlighted green. Sounds Ike you may have to take it to dealership to replace the BT module replaced. Don't mention anything about you trying to update it yourself. Just say it randomly popped up saying BT is off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
How do I see if the BT is highlighted?? I was thinking about bringing it to the dealership and just saying it turned off like you suggested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts