Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if others are having this issue but I experienced it many times over the weekend while taking some highway trips.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Phone pairs up automatically once car starts.

All seems fine but the DIAL button is grayed out on the Honda screen.

I CAN receive calls and answer them on the Honda. I CAN touch one of the "call history" buttons that the Honda is pulling from my phone and dial out that way. I CAN use bluetooth streamed music from my phone. I CAN pick up my phone in my hand and dial on the phone keypad, and then the call connects through the Honda and I can hear and speak normally.

Maybe about 20% of the time, the DIAL keypad is not grayed out and I can dial from the car directly. But then after one call, it becomes grayed out for the remainder of that driving session even if I disconnect and reconnect the phone via bluetooth.

Anyone else get this? Hopefully I am describing it in an understandable way. It's frustrating because it used to work fine a few weeks ago and now everything seems to work fine except for the little DIAL button that would normally pop up the keypad screen on the IMID.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not sure if others are having this issue but I experienced it many times over the weekend while taking some highway trips.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Phone pairs up automatically once car starts.

All seems fine but the DIAL button is grayed out on the Honda screen.

I CAN receive calls and answer them on the Honda. I CAN touch one of the "call history" buttons that the Honda is pulling from my phone and dial out that way. I CAN use bluetooth streamed music from my phone. I CAN pick up my phone in my hand and dial on the phone keypad, and then the call connects through the Honda and I can hear and speak normally.

Maybe about 20% of the time, the DIAL keypad is not grayed out and I can dial from the car directly. But then after one call, it becomes grayed out for the remainder of that driving session even if I disconnect and reconnect the phone via bluetooth.

Anyone else get this? Hopefully I am describing it in an understandable way. It's frustrating because it used to work fine a few weeks ago and now everything seems to work fine except for the little DIAL button that would normally pop up the keypad screen on the IMID.
The buttons are greyed out because the car is in motion. In my accord the buttons will un-grey themselves once the car is completely stopped. (Sitting at a traffic light for example) Try it and I bet it will work.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The buttons are greyed out because the car is in motion. In my accord the buttons will un-grey themselves once the car is completely stopped. (Sitting at a traffic light for example) Try it and I bet it will work.
I'm not sure this is the case, but perhaps. I seem to recall initiating calls while driving, but I may be wrong. If this is the case, then I guess entering some speed dial numbers is in order.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not sure this is the case, but perhaps. I seem to recall initiating calls while driving, but I may be wrong. If this is the case, then I guess entering some speed dial numbers is in order.
Or just use your phone to dial the number and using the Bluetooth hands free to talk.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or just use your phone to dial the number and using the Bluetooth hands free to talk.
Yes this works - it just seemed to me to be easier and safer to dial from the large keypad on the iMid vs picking up my phone and trying to dial one-handed or two-handed while driving with a knee

·
Registered
53 Posts
:lurk:

This should get interesting.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I tested it out and indeed you are correct. The dial box greys out when the car is moving.

Thanks for the help! At least the car isn't "broken"

I can choose to disagree with Honda's rules about when and how I can dial my phone, but I guess I'm stuck playing their game.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts