Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, everybody!

I'm looking for a bluetooth receiver I can plug into my AUX port.

I'd like one that will automatically turn on and pair when I start my car. Also, if it happens to have a microphone for calls as well, that would be a plus.

What products would y'all suggest?

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use the Grom IPD3 with Bluetooth Dongle.

It works fantastically. I don't have the microphone in use because I wasn't happy with having it installed anywhere. I wanted it in my lower cubby but it doesn't sound very well down there. In experimenting with it, though it did work perfectly well.

If I were in a state that disallowed holding the phone during while driving I would have gone through the trouble of routing the wire up the pillar, under the headliner and installed it into the sunglasses pocket so that I could hide it when not in use.

I am okay with the fact that I can stream music over bluetooth and that stream is paused when I exit the car or receive a call and resumed on reentry or call end.

Grom support indicates that the IPD3 does support AVRCP 1.3 but the Artist/Track listing on the head unit only works if you are using an iPod attached to the iPod data cable. I can verify that the steering wheel controls work over bluetooth on an Android phone. Grom support indicates a future feature is to support AVRCP 1.3 Track/Artist info over the bluetooth link.

The Grom unit can be updated with new firmware by way of a MicroSD card.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use the Grom IPD3 with Bluetooth Dongle.

I am okay with the fact that I can stream music over bluetooth and that stream is paused when I exit the car or receive a call and resumed on reentry or call end.
Does the radio switch to the Bluetooth channel if a call comes in? If I'm listening to the radio, do i have to manually change to the AUX channel before hearing the call?

THanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If I'm listening to the radio, do i have to manually change to the AUX channel before hearing the call?
Yes. AFAIK, the functionality you seek would require modification to the head unit itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts