Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys
I hope u r fyn who ever is reading this...!

i want to know my accord bonnet is closing.as if u all know that bonnet will open or stand without any support can anyone of u know how to fix that pump? Or any gud suggestions to make it stand properly without any support

· Registered
1,945 Posts
I removed the struts and removed the fake cold air inlet at the radiator support. Obtained an I4 bonnet rod and the snap-in to retain when folded down.

· V6 Supremacist 😎
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
2,195 Posts
I removed the struts and removed the fake cold air inlet at the radiator support. Obtained an I4 bonnet rod and the snap-in to retain when folded down.
I don't know if the coupe engine bay is significantly different from the sedan but this is good information to know. I've been thinking about possibly doing the same thing with mine as I'm not the biggest fan of hood struts, but I wasn't sure if the V6 engine bay was capable of housing it, more specifically the hole on the passenger side where the hood prop grommet fits into. I knew the hood had the holes for it, but that's about all I knew.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
I don't know if the coupe engine bay is significantly different from the sedan but this is good information to know. I've been thinking about possibly doing the same thing with mine as I'm not the biggest fan of hood struts, but I wasn't sure if the V6 engine bay was capable of housing it, more specifically the hole on the passenger side where the hood prop grommet fits into. I knew the hood had the holes for it, but that's about all I knew.
Some think of it as a downgrade, but when temps get -12°F struts suck! Thus using the I4 lift rod.

Yes the front frame is identical in every way, by production. The fake air inlet on V6 bodies covers the clip to hold the rod. You can have both struts and lift rod in place. If you find struts failing you can lift the rod in place without any additional effort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts