Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
2.0T
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on instagram, wanted to share it with you guys.

https://www.borla.com/honda/accord/2018-2019-honda-accord-exhaust-systems/

The BORLA® R&D Team has developed an awesome sound exhaust for your 2018+ Honda Accord 2.0T. Our cat-back system is specifically tuned for the Accord’s new 2.0 liter turbo engine. The S-Type system is going to give you a sound that is much sportier than stock, yet still refined and far from obnoxious. Not to mention, a drone-free driving experience for comfort during cruising speeds. Bolt-on a BORLA® and get the sound to match the Honda Accord’s performance.

T-304 Stainless Steel Construction
System Diameter: Single 2.5" to ​Dual 2.25"
S-Type Sound Level
No Drone
Bolt-On ​Installation
Works with Factory Valance Exhaust Tips

·
Registered
138 Posts
I kinda like it. I'm wondering if the video they posted is with some sort of catless downpipe? Those exhaust crackles sound pretty slick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think there just might be a big influx of slightly used Magnaflow systems onto the used market! :) Wonder how much the Borla will cost, though? Last week,husband put a Magnaflow catback onto my car at the Navy hobby shop. I am not kidding: everyone was working in the shop, being very serious and not messing around. When almost done, I said to hubby, whatever you do, don't be going ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM when we put the lift down and start it. He laughed and said he wasn't going to. Well, we finished and brought it down. I started the car and heard ZERO difference. I was SO upset on the way home. All I could ever hear was a tiny deep sound on deceleration. Nothing at all like I expected. Magnaflow answered my e-mail and basically just said, well, that's how we made it, honey; if you don't like it, take it off and see if the retailer will take it back. But, they also said that "it has a 250-500 mile break-in period" and will get a little louder. We shall see. If it does change, I'll post a sound clip. Not point in making one like it is now. I really don't know if I can afford to buy a Borla to switch it.

But, spending this much money with so little result hurt me so badly. I wish, in hindsight, I had just bought the Hondata instead!

·
2.0T
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will probably be going with the Borla as well. They always seem to make some of the nicer sounding exhausts. Hopefully the cost isn't too steep.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have had a Borla on my other car (2009 Scion xB) since 2009. Sounds great and has held up well, I would def get one for my 1.5T is they created it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've never been a fan of exhausts on 4 cylinder cars due to a noise I don't find appealing.
However, This actually sounds pretty good. Borla typically makes a good product too.

·
BriGuy5
171 Posts
I emailed them. They said 2-8 weeks it should release which is a strange estimate. And no speculation on price yet. However other Accord exhausts from them were in the $800 range, so to remain competitive with magnaflow, I’d imagine the cost will be around the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think there just might be a big influx of slightly used Magnaflow systems onto the used market! :) Wonder how much the Borla will cost, though? Last week,husband put a Magnaflow catback onto my car at the Navy hobby shop. I am not kidding: everyone was working in the shop, being very serious and not messing around. When almost done, I said to hubby, whatever you do, don't be going ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM when we put the lift down and start it. He laughed and said he wasn't going to. Well, we finished and brought it down. I started the car and heard ZERO difference. I was SO upset on the way home. All I could ever hear was a tiny deep sound on deceleration. Nothing at all like I expected. Magnaflow answered my e-mail and basically just said, well, that's how we made it, honey; if you don't like it, take it off and see if the retailer will take it back. But, they also said that "it has a 250-500 mile break-in period" and will get a little louder. We shall see. If it does change, I'll post a sound clip. Not point in making one like it is now. I really don't know if I can afford to buy a Borla to switch it.

But, spending this much money with so little result hurt me so badly. I wish, in hindsight, I had just bought the Hondata instead!

Hi, I wanted to respond to your post because I have the magnaflow system as well. Magnaflow actually used my car to develop the system. I agree 100% it’s way too quiet. I had them make me a slide on resonator delete and that made a huge difference. It was louder and deeper... almost exactly like I wanted. No rasp, but some nice gurggles during deceleration and between shifts. I strongly suggest removing the resonator. Might cost $40 to get a delete.

When I installed my downpipe I had to put the resonator back on. It was way too much.

I actually really like borla, but I wouldn’t buy this setup. Sounded how mine did after the downpipe. Loud and raspy.

·
2.0T
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, I wanted to respond to your post because I have the magnaflow system as well. Magnaflow actually used my car to develop the system. I agree 100% it’s way too quiet. I had them make me a slide on resonator delete and that made a huge difference. It was louder and deeper... almost exactly like I wanted. No rasp, but some nice gurggles during deceleration and between shifts. I strongly suggest removing the resonator. Might cost $40 to get a delete.

When I installed my downpipe I had to put the resonator back on. It was way too much.

I actually really like borla, but I wouldn’t buy this setup. Sounded how mine did after the downpipe. Loud and raspy.
What downpipe do you have? Also, have you noticed any differences with performance with the combination of the exhaust and the downpipe?

·
Registered
102 Posts
What downpipe do you have? Also, have you noticed any differences with performance with the combination of the exhaust and the downpipe?
I have a Power Rev Racing type R downpipe. I couldnt quote numbers but I know without a doubt there are performance gains in using a catless downpipe. I upgraded my turbo and did the downpipe at the same time.

In most turbo applications the aftermarket exhaust isnt going to yield much. Our stock exhaust isn’t even all that restrictive, just very sound suppressive. Once you get to big turbo power it matters though. Magnaflow told me +6-8 whp/tq from this system with stock downpipe.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a Power Rev Racing type R downpipe. I couldnt quote numbers but I know without a doubt there are performance gains in using a catless downpipe. I upgraded my turbo and did the downpipe at the same time.

In most turbo applications the aftermarket exhaust isnt going to yield much. Our stock exhaust isn’t even all that restrictive, just very sound suppressive. Once you get to big turbo power it matters though. Magnaflow told me +6-8 whp/tq from this system with stock downpipe.
I don't see anything available for the 10th gen on their website.. was it custom? 1.5T here looking for a custom downpipe

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ian Ferguson, well, for me with the Magnaflow catback--would I be better to just get a downpipe? A quick search on internet showed several brands available. The one you have is catless? If went this route, would just save old downpipe in case local regulations make that necessary (don't see as likely to happen)... I see where PRL site says this is same as for Civic Type R.
Did you feel the car was faster or ran better with the downpipe?
Wait, I am not sure--are you saying that you liked the sound better with Magnaflow + resonator delete vs. Magnaflow with resonator plus downpipe??
Thank you again!

oops, I just saw that you "upgraded your Turbo." Does that mean you put on a Type R Turbo? or ????
Do you feel the downpipe is really no use without doing that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't see anything available for the 10th gen on their website.. was it custom? 1.5T here looking for a custom downpipe

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk
No, it wasn’t custom. I bought it from axion.com. Not sure if they have one for the 1.5, but I got mine when there was nothing else available.

Ian Ferguson, well, for me with the Magnaflow catback--would I be better to just get a downpipe? A quick search on internet showed several brands available. The one you have is catless? If went this route, would just save old downpipe in case local regulations make that necessary (don't see as likely to happen)... I see where PRL site says this is same as for Civic Type R.
Did you feel the car was faster or ran better with the downpipe?
Wait, I am not sure--are you saying that you liked the sound better with Magnaflow + resonator delete vs. Magnaflow with resonator plus downpipe??
Thank you again!

oops, I just saw that you "upgraded your Turbo." Does that mean you put on a Type R Turbo? or ????
Do you feel the downpipe is really no use without doing that?
So, yes, with the stock turbo/downpipe thd magnaflow system sounds great with the resonator removed.

If you go with a catless pipe, which I did, I recommend using the resonator, but you may like the sound.. idk.

I upgraded to the type r turbo.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Would you say the gurggles from the Magnaflow + Resonator delete sound similar to the Borla? I already have the resonator delete but I agree that the Borla does sound a little too raspy and loud for my taste. But the crackles and pops do sound nice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would you say the gurggles from the Magnaflow + Resonator delete sound similar to the Borla? I already have the resonator delete but I agree that the Borla does sound a little too raspy and loud for my taste. But the crackles and pops do sound nice.
I’m wondering if the car with the Borla system is running a catless downpipe. That would explain the sound. If it’s stock pipe, then it’s the muffler design because I’m pretty sure the Borla system has no resonator.

·
2.0T
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, yes, with the stock turbo/downpipe thd magnaflow system sounds great with the resonator removed.

If you go with a catless pipe, which I did, I recommend using the resonator, but you may like the sound.. idk.

I upgraded to the type r turbo.
Do you happen to have any sound/video clips of your set up?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts