Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the exhaust installed on my 2018 2.0T. The Borla video is very accurate in the sound. It's much deeper than the stock exhaust but no way near the sound a v6. I have noticed an increase in performance and I can't wait to get the car fully tuned when I add the Hondata ECU upgrade. I wanted to have the exhaust installed before I flash the ECU.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my borla exhaust for $1049.99,free shipping from Carid.com and i didn't need to paid all at once instead i paid $87.50 per month 0% for 11months and $87.49 for last month ?with Affirm? , this exhaust is so amazing, i have it installed on my 2019 Accord sport 2.0t 6speed Manual , if you buy this exhaust, you will love it, all the dound clips on borla is very Accurate.

·
BriGuy5
188 Posts
Agreed, it does sound really good. I ended up turning off rev hang, so I lost all the crackle and pops which is a bummer, but it still sounds really good compared to stock. The pro's of no rev hang for me outweigh the crackles and pops, but I really do miss them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Night and day compared to stock. If you have 10AT popping it into sport mode (I have hondata stage 2 tune) will give you the sound true sound car junkies are looking for. Loud deep and crackles when you decelerate. Go through a tunnel and it sounds great. Don’t expect it to sound like a v-8 but for a 4 banger turbo it sounds great!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I didn't realize the Borla was out for the 1.5...

Fits these Vehicles
2018-2019 Honda Accord Sport/ Touring/ EX-L 1.5L/ 2.0L 4 Cyl. Turbo Automatic/ Manual Transmission Front Wheel Drive 4 Door.

Borla cat-back ordered last night for 1.5T. Pricey but I love their products, I had one for 10 years on a scion.

Getting installed today.

Fit the 1.5T perfectly. Sounds very good in my opinion, and not obnoxious.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you have a sound clip? Im debating between thermal and Borla

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not at this point. I would just compare both their videos for the 2.0. Both sounded good to me on youtube, I just went with Borla because I have owned their exhausts in the past.

In sport mode riding around town, she makes some noise inside out due to the higher rpm's it holds. Noise is a higher pitch vs non sport mode. When not in sport and you give it gas in the 1500-2000 rpm range, its low and deep, sounds pretty cool.

If in sport, doing about 40 and start slowing for a red light, it holds the sound until you come to a stop and rpm's drop off. Also hear more of the whistle as I am slowing down, guess that is the turbo.

Another FYI, on the interstate with cruise set at 70-80mph, sounds just like stock. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fit the 1.5T perfectly. Sounds very good in my opinion, and not obnoxious.
I just bought one and I don't like the stock exhaust finishers and I was wondering if you or anyone can tell me if I can put a different exhaust tip on the borla exhaust

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just bought one and I don't like the stock exhaust finishers and I was wondering if you or anyone can tell me if I can put a different exhaust tip on the borla exhaust
Not sure. I would have preferred to have different Borla tips though, I agree. As it breaks in the sound gets better. I still leave daily driving in sport mode. If you accelerate some in the 30-50 range and then have to let off for say someone slowing down, it gurgles and pops.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I still love the way mine sounds, all the pops and crackles in sport mode are fun too.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've never been a fan of exhausts on 4 cylinder cars due to a noise I don't find appealing.
However, This actually sounds pretty good. Borla typically makes a good product too.
I agree wholeheartedly with STLMike. My mindset was 8 cylinder = exhaust system addressed immediately. I would never consider an after market exhaust for 2.0T. BUT I, too, think this sounds really good. And, also concur that Borla typically puts out a good product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Borla. It's loud, but not in a bad way.
Hi all! Wondering if any of you have experience with the Borla with ANC on your Accords? Are there any issues with ANC conflicting with the aftermarket exhaust sound? I heard some people facing issues while installing Aftermarket subwoofers so just checking. Love the sound of the Borla over the stock any day!
Thanks!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts