Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Honda Accord V6 EX. Last weekend the low beams didn't turn on. All other lights worked. Bought a new switch. Didn't fix the situation. Looked into the problem a bit more today and there is no power going to the fuse.

Anything I should look at? My thought is to take apart the engine fuse box and try to gain access to the relays. It seems like a bit of a PITA and I really can't find any information on the process to gain access to the relays.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
what exactly is the new switch you bought?

so i'm guessing you tested with a multimeter to see if the Fuse was getting power. silly question but did you make sure to turn your headlights to the on position when checking for power?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what exactly is the new switch you bought?

so i'm guessing you tested with a multimeter to see if the Fuse was getting power. silly question but did you make sure to turn your headlights to the on position when checking for power?
The multifunction switch on the steering column. NAPA AUTO PARTS

I tested at the fuse box under the hood with the headlights on with fuse position 1 and 8 ( I believe those are the numbers). Neither show any voltage. Testing the same way with the high beams on, I get 12v with the car off and 14 with it on.

I swapped out the entire fuse box today as it includes the relays that I thought was the problem. That didn't solve the problem either. So now I'm totally lost. I never swapped out the bulbs. I'm going to go ahead and spend the $10 and see if that does anything. I doubt it will do anything but the next step is bringing it to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
dont do that. i think your problem is not going OEM.

i would have picked that up at a salvage yard or did you make 100% SURE it was made specifically for your year, make, and model

some random universal one may have shorted it or not work at all

i may be able to help you out...think i got one somewhere

1 - 4 of 4 Posts