Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2018 Honda Accord sport with aftermarket rims (concept one/20”).

A few weeks in I received multiple warnings that disabled a lot of the cars systems (hill assist, brake hold etc etc). Honda reset the system but had told me that the main culprit was probably the tires.

I have also have had people tell me that these rims don’t fit with the car.

I’m thinking about replacing the wheels with some 19’s (stock wheels for this trim are 19’s) but I’m still not sure.

Would it be a good idea to replace these rims with something else? If so which brands should I look out for. Thanks
4E0F8A1D-FED6-491A-9C0E-708B6672A244.jpeg
7D226AFD-EFDC-47CB-B077-BCE13602D008.jpeg
41A338CE-CB0D-4E7F-AD50-0810174D9B39.jpeg

·
Registered
240 Posts
Im pretty sure if you get any responses its gonna be that rim choice is up to you and what you like. With all the people on here, if even 20 responded you would probably get 20 different types of rims and tires. So honestly IMHO i would just look for a style and size you like. I will also add i myself like the concave style of rim. I have seen some pretty examples of that on an accord with the right drop. If you have not yet, check out the fitment industries site. There are plenty of examples to look at on there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A few weeks in I received multiple warnings that disabled a lot of the cars systems (hill assist, brake hold etc etc). Honda reset the system but had told me that the main culprit was probably the tires.
No way the wheels/tires are causing those faults unless somebody put them on and didn't re-calibrate the tire pressure monitoring system. Those wheels look decent on there. I like smaller lighter wheels but different strokes for different folks. Get new wheels if you want something different. I can't think of any way those could possibly cause any faults with the car's electronic control systems.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’d replace them just because I don’t like the looks. Some people like the black rims. I must be old, but to me it looks like you’re driving with 4 spare tires and ruins the overall look of the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’d replace them just because I don’t like the looks. Some people like the black rims. I must be old, but to me it looks like you’re driving with 4 spare tires and ruins the overall look of the car.
Agree with BackPack, I must be old too :)

I recently bought a 2018 Honda Accord sport with aftermarket rims (concept one/20”).

I have also have had people tell me that these rims don’t fit with the car.

I’m thinking about replacing the wheels with some 19’s (stock wheels for this trim are 19’s) but I’m still not sure.

Would it be a good idea to replace these rims with something else? If so which brands should I look out for. Thanks View attachment 518154 View attachment 518155 View attachment 518156
But I don't think the rims or the tires are the issue here, unless they are uneven which is uncommon. Could you elaborate more on the size of both rims and tyres?

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,688 Posts
I think the wheels look fine. Black wheels on a silver car can look good. Wheels won’t cause electrical faults.

Reactions: slimm1469

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
It is your car so if you don't like the looks of those rims, by all means replace 'em. But it sounds like typical dealer BS, blaming the tires for those systems problems, probably because they don't want to be bothered fixing it, especially if it's under warranty.

Are all 4 tires the same size with equal wear?

Did you adjust the PSI in all 4 tires and then start the TPMS calibration and drive 30 min (cumulative) at speeds between 30-60 mph (48-97 km/h)?

Are battery and ground connections clean and tight?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Orge,
I agree with the other responses, only replace the rims / tires if you don't like them. Also agree that 20" rims shouldn't cause problems with the car computer if the tire's were sized properly, there are several posts here from people that went with 20" rims. As suggested, I would double check your air pressures and then re-calibrate your TPMS, that should resolve the issue.

And a quick Capt. Obvious question, did you get this warning when you test drove the car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts