Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! So I finally purchased a 2015 Touring. I was driving a 2013 Acura ILX on lease that had about 5 payments left which were bought out when I purchased the car. When it came down to it was between basically 3 cars:

1)Honda Accord Touring

2) Base Acura TLX

3) 2016 Mazda 6 GT.

My wife ruled out the M6 as she didn't care much for the design (It is rather polarizing, this is for sure)

So it was basically down to the TLX or the Touring. As I'm sure many have discussed the comparison to death, it basically came down to a fully loaded V6 Accord or a base TLX I4 without all the bells and whistles (The Tech package was considerably more $) plus the Accord does have a bit more legroom and headroom than the TLX does.

I did test drive both cars, and no doubt the TLX was a more "spirited" vehicle the V6 was obviously faster. Personally the front of the Accord looks better than the TLX in my opinion, while the TLX rear was more rounded and cleaner (but dislike the lack of exhaust pipes!)

The other reason I got a 2015 instead of a 2016 (Yes I probably could have waited a bit but I got a GREAT deal for the car ($29600+++) the fact that the 2016 was likely going to the 9 speed transmission in the TLX and soon to be Pilot (The same ZF tranny that has been recalled on numerous vehicles) I wanted the stability of the 6 speed Transmission that has been on the market for many years.

It's my first Accord but will be one I keep for the long haul so hoping she's good to me!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I love my Touring although mine is the i4 it has all the same whistles except for the Adaptive Cruise (Not Available in Canadian Market)

Very comfy to ride in and defiantly more car for the $$$ than the base TLX (I considered this as well) plus the lack of required Premium Fuel in the Accord is nice. Not to say this car drinks a lot.

Pictures?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in South FL. I haven't taken any pics except for the one that I took of the car at the dealer. The car actually had tints installed by the dealer so they were rolled in basically at zero cost. It kinda sucks about the fees that are charged but what are you going to do.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So it was basically down to the TLX or the Touring. As I'm sure many have discussed the comparison to death, it basically came down to a fully loaded V6 Accord or a base TLX I4 without all the bells and whistles (The Tech package was considerably more $) plus the Accord does have a bit more legroom and headroom than the TLX does.

I did test drive both cars, and no doubt the TLX was a more "spirited" vehicle the V6 was obviously faster. Personally the front of the Accord looks better than the TLX in my opinion, while the TLX rear was more rounded and cleaner (but dislike the lack of exhaust pipes!)
Thanks for the comparison! I was looking at the TLX as well and you're right - the full blown TLX is over $50k and the $29.6k is what pricing is right now up here in the NW for the Touring.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats on your Accord! Welcome to DA!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congratulations on the new Touring. Appears you really did your homework. Enjoy the new car!!

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
i love the tlx but great overall decision i think you made

the tlx was going to be my next car but now that i think about it the touring is just as good... hopefully i will like the 9th gen refresh and will probably go the route you did....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You also have to factor in the gas type, while the Acura dealer POINT BLANK told me that you could use regular gas in the TLX, I was always a bit hesitant that it may end up impacting the performance/life of the engine (something to the effect that Acura after 2012 or something changed to Premium recommended instead of required)

The other BIG reason I went with the 2015 over a 2016 is the rumored 2016 Touring Rims will unfortunately dwarf the number of Sport rims stolen. I didn't want to have to deal wih that headache plus the added bonus that the current Touring rims are 17s so replacement tires and ride comfort are both additional pluses.

·
Registered
481 Posts
TLX is an overpriced Accord anyway.

$44k for a fully loaded TLX when you can get a touring Accord for way cheaper and have money left over to mod.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
Congrats! I was in the same boat as you. TLX off the lot is just too rich for my blood. They do look nice on the road and I would consider a used one in the future.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I made the same choice. I came from a 2006 Acura TL and planned on getting another TL only to find out it was replaced by the smaller TLX. I got a Touring and its larger inside which my 6'2" body likes. Another benefit is using regular gas which saves at every fill-up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts