1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

last night I bought a 1994 LX, and here’s a few issues I’m having;
  • Dash lights & speedometer do not work
  • Electronic locks will lock the car but unsure how to unlock?
  • High beam are required to be on, low beams are non existent
Mechanically, this thing runs absolutely great for its age.

any advice? Should I check fuses? VSS gone bad maybe? I just don’t know where to begin. I’m still learning cars so in depth terminology is not my fortè.

thanks in advance!

·
8th Gen Believer
4,279 Posts
Do the obvious, yes check fuses and check your battery and alternator. If that doesn't help, find a good Honda tech. I've used Yelp successfully in finding mine.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Start with the basics, yes, check the fuses and then verify, if possible, with a multimeter that they are not blown, don't just look at them.
A 27 year old car can be a project, especially just keeping up with the things that should have been replaced years ago..
High beams/low beam could be bulbs but also the actual switch as it's constantly being turned on and off, they do wear out....but look for the simplest solutions, first.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
On the speedometer issue, does the tach work or are both the speedometer and tach not working? Also, does the cruise control work?

There are fuses for the low beams, also make sure the light bulbs are good.

The bulbs may be bad on the instrument cluster, it is possible that the connection on the cluster is unplugged as someone was troubleshooting the speedometer issue.

Watch this video on how to get the cluster out and how to replace the bulbs.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts