Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I found this site. I am new Accord owner and looking forward to being involved with this site. It looks like there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here.

I ended up getting a 2015 EX-L V6 sedan black/black. I am real happy with it. One mod I wanted to do right away was put a deck lid spoiler on it. The dealer is wanting to charge $499 installed. I see them online for around $200 painted but the install with drilling and all that makes me nervous. Anyone done this on the sedan with no prior spoiler?

I just signed up so Ill search, but am curious what the main mods are for this Gen? I wouldn't mind maybe some speed improvements, throttle response or small mods to improve performance. Curious what DIY stuff people have done.

Thanks and look forward to the forum.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome to DA Forums and congrats on the new sedan. Two things I suggest are interior, license plate, and trunk LED bulb replacements and the new car paint sealant procedure by member glen-e. A quick search will bring up info on both. Post back if you're unable to locate.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
Welcome! Check signature for some mod examples.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Welcome! Search the forum, plenty of people have installed the rear lip spoiler (like on the Sport) with only the 3M tape and haven't had any issues. No drilling required. Now the wing spoiler, that's a different story.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Glad I found this site. I am new Accord owner and looking forward to being involved with this site. It looks like there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here.

I ended up getting a 2015 EX-L V6 sedan black/black. I am real happy with it. One mod I wanted to do right away was put a deck lid spoiler on it. The dealer is wanting to charge $499 installed. I see them online for around $200 painted but the install with drilling and all that makes me nervous. Anyone done this on the sedan with no prior spoiler?

I just signed up so Ill search, but am curious what the main mods are for this Gen? I wouldn't mind maybe some speed improvements, throttle response or small mods to improve performance. Curious what DIY stuff people have done.

Everything you need to know about installation of the deck lid spoiler. I didn't drill the holes and mines rock solid after two years.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/80459-rear-deck-lid-spoiler-sedans-cheaper-option.html

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car.

·
Registered
512 Posts
...install with drilling and all that makes me nervous...
I'd be more nervous if they mounted it without drilling. If that thing comes off on the highway at speed and causes an accident/fatality you're going to be liable not Honda or the dealership. Don't take this lightly, around me someone was killed in a highway accident when a 2x4 went flying from someone's pickup truck went through the windshield and impaled them.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Stock mods

mud flaps
door sills either plain or illuminated
bug deflector, hood guard or paint protective film
seat covers
horn upgrade
trunk mats and floor mats
body side moulding

enjoy that V6

·
Registered
48 Posts
First thing you should do with a black car is get a really good coat of wax on it off the show room floor. You want to take care of that black paint! I used the turtle wax 3 step black wax kit as soon as I could.

BTW congrats on the new car! Accords are a nice car

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'd be more nervous if they mounted it without drilling. If that thing comes off on the highway at speed and causes an accident/fatality you're going to be liable not Honda or the dealership. Don't take this lightly, around me someone was killed in a highway accident when a 2x4 went flying from someone's pickup truck went through the windshield and impaled them.
Again, the holes to be drill are for ALIGNMENT only, not as fasteners of any sorts, no threaded bolts. I've installed mine with just the tape (no holes) as many here have with the 3M double sided tape and after two years and lots of extreme variations of heat, rain, and cooler weather, it would take a pry bar to pull my spoiler off the trunk. The tape that comes with the original is what adhere's it to the deck lid, and that tape is very thin in width by comparison of any kind of aftermarket 3M tape that forum members have used...Again, the holes drilled in the deck for the spoiler install are just for alignment, not for adhesion, the factory tape is what adhere's it to the trunk. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies. That definitely helps. I never thought Id change the horn...sounds like many people are doing that. Interesting. I don't think ive pushed the horn yet so ill have to do that and see whats up

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd suggest getting that stock $499 for the spoiler. Just go with the dealer. Also the splash guards, floor mats and trunk tray of Honda is a must to have!

Post some pics of your car.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I'd suggest getting that stock $499 for the spoiler. Just go with the dealer. ...............
No no no! Don't do that! Even if you have the money to waste....it just encourages them.

Get the OEM spoiler from someone like CHH and pay someone $50 to install it if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

·
Elvira
3,679 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. That definitely helps. I never thought Id change the horn...sounds like many people are doing that. Interesting. I don't think ive pushed the horn yet so ill have to do that and see whats up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rpsHRLjvs8

Now you don't have to go in the garage.

After the upgrade the horn is commensurate with the size of the car.
@dieselworld did a nice video of the upgrade too.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/294145-video-install-honda-horn-upgrade.html

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd suggest getting that stock $499 for the spoiler. Just go with the dealer. Also the splash guards, floor mats and trunk tray of Honda is a must to have!

Post some pics of your car.
I agree that Honda has great floor matts but if you want the BEST protection for your floor then you should get the weathertech digital fit floor liners. They are a little pricey but well worth the price imo.
2015 Honda Accord | WeatherTech FloorLiner custom fit car floor protection from mud, water, sand and salt. | WeatherTech.com.

Btw, congrats on the new accord! Black accord looks beautiful if taken care of properly :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That horn upgrade looks good. Just bought it.

The rear spoiler from them has the instructions and looks straight forward. Only concern is the trunk spring stuff. Not sure how hard that is to do in the install but Im willing to try. Hate to do a drilling install without feeling super confident. Wish someone in dallas area knew how to do this. haha

·
Registered
43 Posts

Congrats on your new car, I would recommend getting it drilled/bolted on, I heard story's of spoilers flying off the trunk and even spoilers stolen being pulled off the truck because they wasn't bolted. I ordered my OEM spoiler that came painted and got it professionally installed for 50$ by my local body shop

1 - 20 of 31 Posts