Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the brake flush sequence for the 8th gen
i've been getting several different answers but i am not sure whether its for vaccum bleeding. i also heard that its suppose to be the farthest wheel from the resevoir. i would also like to know anything else i might need with the change. does anyone have any idea what size tubing i might be able to use to flush it from the bleed valve, i read somewhere that it might be 1/4

·
1,927 Posts
The sequence for the accord is counterintuitive. Search the threads here and you will find a detailed explanation.

As for tubing, I use a "one-man brake bleeder" available from any decent auto parts store. It's a length of vinyl tubing with a spring-loaded valve at one end to prevent air from infiltrating back into the drain line. Well worth the $5 or so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you can have a friend help you, it's fairly easy.

Have the friend pump the brake pedal and then hold it firmly.

Then open the farthest bleeder valve (passenger rear wheel) with a piece of tubing on it leading to a small bottle.

Have the friend hold the pedal firmly as it sinks to the floor and hold it until you tighten the bleeder valve to the closed position.

Then he/she can release the pedal.

Repeat that several times at each wheel while refilling the master brake fluid reservoir until the fluid comes out clear/clean with no air bubbles in it.

Be careful with the test drive after just in case their is air in the lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts