Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Accord EX that I purchased brand new in August of 2014. I do not drive aggressively or anything close to it on my Accord. However, today I've noticed some sort of brake imprinting on all four of the brake rotors, and the two rear brake rotors had some sort of incision that goes around the whole rotor in the shape of a perfect circle. The incisions on the two rear brake rotors have different lengths/radiuses from the center. Pictures are attached below. They look like deep grooves on the brake rotors. Anyone that knows anything about this, or if this is normal and happens on all the Accords please respond. I only have around 5,078 miles on the car with 20% oil life left, which I am going in for my first oil change/service next week.

Pictures are attached below.

The first and last pictures are of the front two rotors that have some sort of imprints. All four of the brake rotors have some sort of imprinting on them as can be seen. The two pictures in the middle are of the two rear rotors. The incision/etching on the rear rotors is of some depth, as it gets caught with my fingernails quite some bit. They look like deep grooves on the rear brake rotors. However, that shouldn't be happening on a car less than a year old in a a suburban setting??

Attachments

·
RacerRik
172 Posts
Looks like normal wear to me. The score mark was probably from a piece of sand or small pebble. Nothing to worry about and it won't affect your brakes at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is totally normal i have the same issue and it lines up perfectly with where the pad would apply. Although the last picture u posted i have that same little grove from a small rock getting wedged in between the pad and rotor so i have that complete round deep imprint as well but it shouldn't affect your breaking at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts