Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are the brake pads, calipers, and rotors different among the trim lines for a 2017 9th Gen model year? I've read online that the Touring trim has bigger pads/calipers and rotors. I'm close to taking delivery on my first ever Honda, an Accord EX-L, and would like to know if brakes will be an issue as I do drive a little spirited on occasion. My current dd is a Chrysler 200 which has seen 3 sets of pads/rotors in 72K miles. The front rotors and pads are relatively small on the 200.

Also, if the Touring front routers, pads, and calipers are bigger, are they interchangeable on the EX-L's? Does wheel size come into play if so?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Different Trims have different Front Disc brake diameters. All Rears & LX Front = 11.1". Sport & Touring Front = 12.3". EX / EX-L / EX-L V6 Front = 11.5". In my experience aftermarket Rotor+Pads are the 1st upgrade.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are the brake pads, calipers, and rotors different among the trim lines for a 2017 9th Gen model year? I've read online that the Touring trim has bigger pads/calipers and rotors. I'm close to taking delivery on my first ever Honda, an Accord EX-L, and would like to know if brakes will be an issue as I do drive a little spirited on occasion. My current dd is a Chrysler 200 which has seen 3 sets of pads/rotors in 72K miles. The front rotors and pads are relatively small on the 200.

Also, if the Touring front routers, pads, and calipers are bigger, are they interchangeable on the EX-L's? Does wheel size come into play if so?
I have a 2016 Accord Touring and changed all my rotors back in Sept 2019 with the "Power Stop K7348 Front and Rear Z23 Evolution Kit with Drilled/Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Brake Pads". I liked the slotted/drilled rotors but by gas mileage dropped by at least 3 miles per gallon! I just replaced the pads yesterday with OEM pads and I can already tell a difference. Power Stop added carbon fiber to the ceramic pads which I think caused the pads to put a drag on the rotors even when the brakes were not being applied. I will replace the slotted Power Stop rotors with the original rotors (turned of course) if my gas mileage doesn't improve. I am very disappointed with my Power Stop purchase because the kit cost me $280.00!

·
Registered
78 Posts
If the pads were dragging maybe the hardware needed to be replaced or grease on some friction points. I don’t think the pad material itself should case that. Maybe the brake pad housing needs a little grinding/ sanding so they don’t stick. I would match them up against your other pads and sand down any edges that are different.

If the pads were dragging maybe the hardware needed to be replaced or grease on some friction points. I don’t think the pad material itself should case that. Maybe the brake pad housing needs a little grinding/ sanding so they don’t stick. I would match them up against your other pads and sand down any edges that are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts