Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had oil coming out of my PS reservoir and the steering got tight. Once it warmed up it went away then I found this forum and changed the o-ring last night. It was very cold yesterday and since the car is always garaged maybe the sudden change in temp had something to do with it since it sat in my parking lot at work.... After experiencing the PS problem on my way home it wasn't there the steering was fine but randomly the E-Brake light popped up on the dash while I was driving even though it wasn't pulled. Any one ever hear of that light on the dash coming on? I couldn't find anything thru searching or could my PS issue have caused something else to happen? The Car is a 2003 AT 2.4l 4 Cyl.

·
Premium Member
4,174 Posts
but randomly the E-Brake light popped up on the dash while I was driving even though it wasn't pulled. Any one ever hear of that light on the dash coming on?
Do you have an owners manual? Don't be afraid to look in there first.

It's called the brake light, not the e-brake light. It means your brake fluid is low or your float is too saturated and is "sunk."

If your brake fluid is low, fill it. It's low for two reasons: 1.your pads need to be replaced soon 2. you have a leak.

If your fluid is full, then you need to replace your float.

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Do not fill, if low. Replace pads. If you fill, when you replace pads, piston will be pushed back in overflowing tank and pouring all over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts