Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2009 Accord EX 3.5L V6
23 Posts
I used to get around 150k miles out of decent parts store rotors and lifetime pads. I switched to Powerstop Z26 pads and rotors. The rotors are cross drilled. I got around 350k miles out of the Powerstop set so I replaced them with another Powerstop set. Rockauto had a pretty good price on them.
I've used Powerstop on both my Dart and my old Vue that I had for 15 years. It was the last set of rotors I needed. The Vue would eat rotors alive. Stock rotors were only good for about 60-80k. AC Delco and Duralast didn't last more than 30-40k. After a couple hundred K we did need to have the Powerstop rotors turned because they were slightly uneven, but they lasted several years. (Michigan is real hard on rotors)

Whatever you use, following the bedding procedure is key for long rotor life. Probably less important on a lighter vehicle like the Accord, but do it right and your rotors can last for a long, long time.
Absolutely this.

· Registered
2009 Accord EX 3.5L V6
23 Posts
Thank you for the info, which bed in process do you follow?
With Honda OEM was hoping to not have to bed in after swapping them out?
I've followed the same procedure since my first set of Stillen performance rotors a few decades ago. I was unable to find their instructions, but did find this which is almost exactly the same.

Bed in Procedure (febrakes.com)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts