- Couple weeks ago the wife's 05 would occasionally make that steel-to-steel grinding noise when braking
- Checked front pads and they're nearly new
- Noticed lower ball joint had torn boot and a little play. I thought this was the culprit and replaced LBJ, Lower control arm bushings and upper control arm.
- Grinding noise seemed to go way for a couple weeks.
- Wife says it is "making a horrible grinding noise" when braking.
- I drive it around the block, don't hear it, throw it up on a jack and check rear pads. I figure since the grinding is occasional it must be the rears.
- Rear pads are nearly new. Cant tell the brand but the part # is DB928FF.
- Rotor thicknesses are 0.352 (right) and 0.349 (left) in. Rotors do have heat cracks but I don't think I have a car that doesn't.
- My Accord Manual says the "Max. refinish limit: 8.0 mm (0.31 in.)". From this it seems my rear discs still have life left.
- All my front and rear end parts "seem" fine. I can find not anything showing wear from grinding.
- I still get the clunkiness sounds from the front end so I think I need struts.