Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

The past few months I have noticed my brakes screeching abnormally loud and often. At first, I didn't think much of it because it has gotten colder here in the northeast. However, we had a few warm days recently 60+ and the brakes still screeched. Something else I noticed was that it doesn't go away after a few stops and the brakes warm up. I would often drive for 30 minutes and when I get to my destination, I would continue to hear the screeching. I will pick up some brake cleaner and hopefully this will help.

Has anyone else noticed their brakes on their Accord screech? I've noticed mine happens at slow speeds mostly, but there are times when I'll hear it at 30+ if there's a car next to me to bounce the sound off of. For reference, my car does typically sit outside overnight. However, this doesn't seem to have an impact because even when I do park in a garage overnight (like in the video linked below), they still screech. They didn't make noise last winter so I'm wondering if rust is accumulating on the rotors or dirt/debris got inside the calipers.

·
HK Moderator
13,613 Posts
Didn't you just get the dealership to install a new master brake cylinder, a new brake booster, and a brake bleed?

A can of brake cleaner will remove all brake lubrication, making screeching/squealing noises worse.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Currently I am experiencing this only the first 5 mins from a cold start, the screeching is very loud but when I drive for about 5 mins, it goes away.

I am currently experiencing -40 degrees Celsius weather here and it has been more prominent but it goes away as I drive and the brakes warm up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts