Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
so I got my '14 Accord CVT LX about a week and a half ago, there's just over 300 miles to this point. I've had the Econ button on pretty much the whole time...I have noticed that when I'm breaking at a light from about 30-40mph, no matter how smooth I try to brake, the last little bit before I come to a complete stop is just a little bumpy/not smooth...Then last night for just about a mile or so, and this morning for like 1/2 mile, I turned the Econ button OFF, and I noticed that braking to a complete stop was smoother, like it should be.

Is this in my head?...Has anybody heard of something like this before?...Do the brakes still need to be broken in?

·
Banned
784 Posts
Hey guys,
so I got my '14 Accord CVT LX about a week and a half ago, there's just over 300 miles to this point. I've had the Econ button on pretty much the whole time...I have noticed that when I'm breaking at a light from about 30-40mph, no matter how smooth I try to brake, the last little bit before I come to a complete stop is just a little bumpy/not smooth...Then last night for just about a mile or so, and this morning for like 1/2 mile, I turned the Econ button OFF, and I noticed that braking to a complete stop was smoother, like it should be.

Is this in my head?...Has anybody heard of something like this before?...Do the brakes still need to be broken in?
I think your CVT works slightly different with ECON button ON and OFF. You may get more transmission braking with ECON ON than OFF. You are not crazy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so if this is indeed what's going all, do you think it will always be a little shaky on the brakes when coming to a complete stop, or do you think the brakes need to be broken in a bit more?... PS - when are the brakes supposedly all broken in? I heard around 500 miles, I'm currently at 300, with about 70% of that being highway driving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts