Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my parents just bought a 2010 PMM LX-P Sedan, which gave me the ole' 2007 NHBP Sedan. My trunk opens up fine with the push of a button, with the 2010 the trunk is stiff and doesn't pop open at the push of a button, it simply unlocks and opens up just a tad, you can then pull it up from there but its stiff, is there a way to change this ? I looked up a youtube Accord review just to see if it was just mine and the video showed the trunk opening fine like my 7.5 gen.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Was an aftermarket or OEM spoiler put on AFTER the car was bought? If so, the trunk springs were probably not upgraded.

Mine does the same thing. I opted to not upgrade the springs and live with it for now. Not sure if this is your case, but an idea.

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
The Accord trunklid isn't spring-loaded nor does it have hydraulic/gas struts. So, as you stated, at most it'll open & remain ajar while being slightly elevated a few inches but not rise. And if you install an OEM-accessory or aftermarket spoiler or wing, it'll just pop open when unlocked but not even rise a few inches by itself.

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No spoiler what so-ever, which makes me worry about my Dad who wants to put on a Deck-lid. The trunk barely pops open as it is compared to mine. So is this just another part of Honda's cheap ways out like not having a glovebox light?

·
Registered
682 Posts
No spoiler what so-ever, which makes me worry about my Dad who wants to put on a Deck-lid. The trunk barely pops open as it is compared to mine. So is this just another part of Honda's cheap ways out like not having a glovebox light?
I have the sedan as well and mine pops up just fine. It doesnt come up all the way like someone else here noted, but it rises a few inches and I just gently lift it up and it tends to just come right up. Maybe you can take it into the dealer and have them look at it. Mine definitely comes up a few inches and stalls there.

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine literally if I could measure would come up an inch, you wouldn't even notice its open unless you look closely

Definitely bringing it back.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The spring rod will lose its tension over years or dislocated which lose its tension and fail to lift up as it supposes to be. Check these points or take it to honda to find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts