Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first honda...an accord lx...it was all i could afford...i would like to add an exhaust tip and am wondering how easy is it to install yourself...i am by no means a mechanic but not exactly retarded either, but close..lol any help?

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
very easy, oem has a set screw on bottom

·
I snapped my G string....
3,865 Posts
Nothing wrong with an LX. :thumbsup: Alot of my buddies have either LX, LX-P or LX-S. My first Honda was a Civic DX, no AC, no radio, and no power windows. Adding an exhaust tip is the easiest mod you can do. It just requires a 10mm socket wrench. Well congrats on the new car......:thmsup::yes:

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
6,322 Posts
My first Honda was a Civic DX, no AC, no radio, and no power windows. Adding an exhaust tip is the easiest mod you can do. It just requires a 10mm socket wrench. Well congrats on the new car......:thmsup::yes:
Me too...also no cruise, no clock, no remote entry, power locks, power steering. All things the LX comes standard with. It was like a go cart. Back in 94 there was no such thing as an LX Civic coupe. Just dx and ex. Should have bought the ex and prob would have kept it alot longer.

Pros: fuel economy, handling, resale, reliability.

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
hey i know the feeling. welcome to the club, im sure youll spend countless hours on here learning about your car like i did a couple months ago :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
YAY!!! dont be shy and show some pics..... :thmsup:

·
Internet
502 Posts
i dont wanna be a douche, but the first thing i would consider is getting rid of them hubcaps, that was always my first aim
good thing i got the LX-P though, i love the alloys that come on those over the EX+ rims
but yeah, welcome to the scene, and have an awesome time reading and learning about this wonderful car

·
Registered
682 Posts
i dont wanna be a douche, but the first thing i would consider is getting rid of them hubcaps, that was always my first aim
good thing i got the LX-P though, i love the alloys that come on those over the EX+ rims
but yeah, welcome to the scene, and have an awesome time reading and learning about this wonderful car
Congrats and welcome to the forums. I'm brand new to Honda myself

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
welcome to DA!

·
Registered
851 Posts
congrats and welcome to the site man, we offer excellent advice and maybe some offending feedback it its a dumb mod like the alpine head unit install

·
09ACCORDCOUPE
599 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Pics? I love this time of year, a lot of folks buying new rides.

·
Registered
58 Posts
congrats OP. I have an LX as well and its a great car to drive and handle. You will love it :)

I want to add a tip as well but my local dealership (Toronto) is charging me $100 for a brand new tip :lmao: + screw + tax which totals to about $130 for everything LOL

US dealers should be cheaper. If not, try eBay or something.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just bought my first honda...an accord lx...it was all i could afford...i would like to add an exhaust tip and am wondering how easy is it to install yourself...i am by no means a mechanic but not exactly retarded either, but close..lol any help?
go to walmart in the auto accessories section, i know they have a few inexpensive tips their, some look nice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts