Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
271 Posts
I am interested to hear what you think when you get done.
I've had a couple hours of listening to evaluate the JL speakers up front. Note that I am not an audiophile, but I do appreciate good sound!

I like these speakers and like you said they are a definite improvement over stock. But I think they are missing a bit on the low end. Probably not realistic to expect low bass sounds from a door speaker and no sub.

I noticed that depending what I'm listening to, sometimes I get some distortion. Doesn't appear to happen with pop music, but as a test I tried playing some Chopin piano music and definitely I got repeated bad distortion, even at volumes as low as 25 (although I was driving so maybe the automatic volume adjustment actually increased this).

I assume the distortion is a result of the headunit/amp not having enough power?

The thing that sucks is I broke plastic pieces into both doors, but I don't think anything is rattling. Just annoying in the back of my mind!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Result is in for rear speaker. Volume 10 to 30. Uncorrelated pink noise. Roll off seems to be -12dB/oct. FR is pretty consistent with volume.

However I believe the front is heavily EQ'd and it will not look the same.

Attachments

·
Banned
114 Posts
Result is in for rear speaker. Volume 10 to 30. Uncorrelated pink noise. Roll off seems to be -12dB/oct. FR is pretty consistent with volume.

However I believe the front is heavily EQ'd and it will not look the same.
Have you tested the output on the rears? I'm installing a DSP and will be using all 4 channels with sumation to create a sub channel. Will be using a microDSP tuning mic to remove the factory EQ. I was expecting some resistance from Honda's setup but was not expecting a 100hz bass roll-off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have you tested the output on the rears? I'm installing a DSP and will be using all 4 channels with sumation to create a sub channel. Will be using a microDSP tuning mic to remove the factory EQ. I was expecting some resistance from Honda's setup but was not expecting a 100hz bass roll-off.

I connect the rear speakers connecctor to do measurement. It's not done on a microphone...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
114 Posts
I connect the rear speakers connecctor to do measurement. It's not done on a microphone...

Jusy re-read your original post. That is for the rears. Bummer that the bass roll-off is worst that in the 9th genrration. It used to be 50hz and now it went up to 100hz. Since when Honda hated bass so much. Still looking for a root method to see if this can be fixed in software.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Jusy re-read your original post. That is for the rears. Bummer that the bass roll-off is worst that in the 9th genrration. It used to be 50hz and now it went up to 100hz. Since when Honda hated bass so much. Still looking for a root method to see if this can be fixed in software.

Look at the scale...It's actually not that bad...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Any update on the front speakers measurements?

I have not taken off front door panels yet. However according to past experience and my ears, the front would most likely be heavily modified and using the front for dsp/amp input would not be practical.

My plan is to reroute front left speaker to center speaker and use the rear as the main input. Since it's relatively flat I probably would get less distortion too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have 1.5t sport. I have few questions, if someone can answer.
Is anyone tried JBL GTO609c on factory system. I dont want to add sub and aftermarket amp. Just want to add more bass. I heard very good reviews of alpine SPS610. Do component speaker work as good as coaxial without external amp? Or i should use coaxial if not adding sub?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also have 1.5t sport. I have few questions, if someone can answer.
Is anyone tried JBL GTO609c on factory system. I dont want to add sub and aftermarket amp. Just want to add more bass. I heard very good reviews of alpine SPS610. Do component speaker work as good as coaxial without external amp? Or i should use coaxial if not adding sub?
Paji, you must have external sub for bhangra. just do it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Coldrain, acha g hahaha. I dont want to use my trunk space because i already have my golf clubs in that all the time. I already have sub and amp i had in my last bmw, i dont want to do wiring and poking holes everywhere.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just got the car back. Huge improvement over stock speakers. The JL speakers are awesome. The Kenwoods really don't come into play much. The clarity is great on the new speakers. Great highs, mids and decent low end. In my opinion, it is still missing a sub. i will add that later. For now, the sound is very good and much better than it was.
Update on this system. At first the speakers were a huge improvement over the stock speakers but there has been something missing. I really have to crank it to get all of the instruments. Over time I have become unhappy with the sound. Snare drums and some instruments in songs just wash out or sound distant. I usually run with Fader around two or 3 clicks to the rear to help with bass. My determination is that the "180 watt" amp is garbage and the speakers are wanting for power.

Yesterday I had an Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel 50w per channel amp to the system and the sound quality is vastly improved. I can hear full sound with strong drum kick even at low to moderate volume. All instruments come through clearly. I might end up adding a sub but right now I am very happy.

Note. To do this I had to disconnect the ANC. Very easy to do. Funny as this sounds I kind of miss the piped in engine noise in sport mode, but the vastly superior stereo sound is well worth it

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was searching for upgrades on Crutchfield and came across the Alpine PSU-300ACD specifically for cars like the Accord Sport. Curious if anyone has tried it yet. It's pricey at $750.
I saw this too and was wondering if anyone had this yet. Seems fairly new so someones gunna be a guinea pig. I was curious how that additional amp would help the stock 6.5's or aftermarket 6.5's.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I saw this too and was wondering if anyone had this yet. Seems fairly new so someones gunna be a guinea pig. I was curious how that additional amp would help the stock 6.5's or aftermarket 6.5's.
Mine is being delivered today. I’ll post back with impressions once I get it installed.

Just received it. Looks good and the unit is solid. The integration harness looks top notch too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BackPack
61 - 80 of 91 Posts