Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Accord Sport 2.0
4 Posts
Just picked up a 2021 Accord Sport. Planning on upgrading sound and hopefully resurrecting this thread for more advice. Have we come to a general consensus on the best route to take? Is the factory amp able to be replaced with something more powerful to drive aftermarket components?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just picked up a 2021 Accord Sport. Planning on upgrading sound and hopefully resurrecting this thread for more advice. Have we come to a general consensus on the best route to take? Is the factory amp able to be replaced with something more powerful to drive aftermarket components?
Are you sure the 21' Sport has a factory amp? My 19' doesn't. If yours doesn't then yes, adding an aftermarket amp along with aftermarket speakers should be an improvement.

·
Registered
2021 Accord Sport 2.0
4 Posts
Are you sure the 21' Sport has a factory amp? My 19' doesn't. If yours doesn't then yes, adding an aftermarket amp along with aftermarket speakers should be an improvement.
No I'm not sure if it does or not. I should have worded my question better. I was trying to determine if the factory head unit is the only thing powering the speakers or if there was actually an amp located somewhere else in the vehicle that could be upgraded. I'm totally new to audio installs and have no idea where to begin. Thanks for any advice!(y)

·
Registered
65 Posts
No I'm not sure if it does or not. I should have worded my question better. I was trying to determine if the factory head unit is the only thing powering the speakers or if there was actually an amp located somewhere else in the vehicle that could be upgraded. I'm totally new to audio installs and have no idea where to begin. Thanks for any advice!(y)
No worries. So, the Sport (most likely the 21' as well) has the factory headunit as the sole power supply. Keep in mind that the factory speakers and headunit are optimized to work together within certain specs. In other words, just replacing speakers most of the time yields little improvement over factory. Adding an amp will do those aftermarket speakers justice for sure.

You're going to want to do some research on this forum and possibly youtube or check out diymobileaudio.com/forums/general-car-audio-discussion.61/. Get some ideas about want can be done and what you want to accomplish. I replaced speakers, added an amp and sub at first. It sounded very good "at first". But, I fell down the rabbit hole of car audio soon after. I now have sound deadened my trunk, doors, replaced aftermarket speakers with better aftermarket speakers and sub w/amps and with a cherry on top.....a Helix dsp.

·
Registered
2021 Accord Sport 2.0
4 Posts
Thanks again. So does the 450 watt system in the Touring model have an external amp? Or could I find a head unit from one of those and swap it in to get more factory power to drive aftermarket speakers? Is that even a good idea lol? I'm not opposed to going full aftermarket on an amp and speakers, I'm just concerned that the factory head unit won't be able to put out a clean signal and it will still sound like shit, only louder.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks again. So does the 450 watt system in the Touring model have an external amp? Or could I find a head unit from one of those and swap it in to get more factory power to drive aftermarket speakers? Is that even a good idea lol? I'm not opposed to going full aftermarket on an amp and speakers, I'm just concerned that the factory head unit won't be able to put out a clean signal and it will still sound like shit, only louder.
The factory H/U puts out a clean signal approx. 10 volts. It's not overly flat but that's what I use a dsp for. I don't think the headunit can be changed. There are too many controls for the car attached to it. All you need to do is figure out a budget which can be difficult to narrow in on, then just replace the front 6.5" door speakers and tweeters. Put a small aftermarket amp under the dash or center console and Bingo! Don't worry about messing with the rear speakers. Oh, and if you want to go further. Deaden the front doors and add a small amp with a sub along with a LC2i in the trunk.

Yes the Touring model has an external amp which I've read is not very powerful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe the G10 Touring has an amp located between the front seats, attached to the floor under the head unit. The wrinkle you have to deal with is that the HU is sending a 10 ch digital signal to the amp via a single wire. So, I believe in order to capture analog signal to send to the new aftermarket amp, you will have to take the feeds after the amp. You will also likely have to use something to sum the outputs in order to get a full range signal to the new amp(s).

·
Registered
7 Posts
The radios are made by Panasonic but the part numbers are different. So far, all I can tell that's different is SiriusXM capability.

Radio
1.5 Sport: 39540-TVA-A11
2.0 Sport: 39540-TVC-A51

Tuner
1.5 Sport: 39800-TVA-M01
2.0 Sport: 39800-TVA-A11

ANC modules are also different but I haven't figured out why yet.

1.5 Spor: 39200-TVA-A21
2.0 Sport: 39200-TVC-A11
This is unrelated to the question of this thread, but I’m gonna ask if you don’t mind. I have an accord hybrid LX 2021. Do you know if I can add the Sport 39200-TVA-A11 to my car to get HD radio

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is unrelated to the question of this thread, but I’m gonna ask if you don’t mind. I have an accord hybrid LX 2021. Do you know if I can add the Sport 39200-TVA-A11 to my car to get HD radio
I’m just guessing, but I imagine the only difference between the stereos is the firmware. Since the car uses the stereo as the GUI for pretty much every control, you need the right firmware for your car.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts