Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i moved my seat all the way back. when i went to readjust it for driving it mad3e a loud crunching sound and all the ball bearings came out of the rails on the side closest to the door. dealership says it may not be covered under warrentey! any one else have this problem? or any problem withthere seats.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
flip sh!t and say it is covered. thats BS.. its not like u started stabbing at it with a screw driver... u were using a motorized piece of the car... deff should be covered.. if they say no... bring that screw driver with you for.... encouragement if you will

·
Registered
51 Posts
i moved my seat all the way back. when i went to readjust it for driving it mad3e a loud crunching sound and all the ball bearings came out of the rails on the side closest to the door. dealership says it may not be covered under warrentey! any one else have this problem? or any problem withthere seats.
Yes. Mine hasn't given out yet but there is definitely something wrong with the way the seat moves,

Did you notice roughness when you moved the seat prior to this? Mine feels like there is a flat spot somewhere in the rollers or ball bearings. I've got it on my list of things for the dealer. I purchased a CPO so I 'm hoping it'll be covered under the bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That should be under warranty at least I think so, but I do have a roughness when moving the seat back and fourth and I told the stealership about it but they didn't do a damn thing, supposely Honda Corp knows about it. Oh yeah I drive a 09 EX sedan

·
Registered
206 Posts
My drivers side seat cover (where the buttons are to adjust the seat) has broken twice. I took it to the dealer and it was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i did notice a roughness in the seat like there was a flat spot about 2 weeks ago. seat just broke sunday. i have gap coverage and just may have to wrap it around a tree just to get a new one lol!!! im totaly kidding by the way! but yea if they dont cover it then im going to flip nuts! i payed for an extended bumper to bumper warrenty!!! i want my damn moneys worth out fo it!!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes i did notice a roughness in the seat like there was a flat spot about 2 weeks ago. seat just broke sunday. i have gap coverage and just may have to wrap it around a tree just to get a new one lol!!! im totaly kidding by the way! but yea if they dont cover it then im going to flip nuts! i payed for an extended bumper to bumper warrenty!!! i want my damn moneys worth out fo it!!!!!
Hell yeah man, I would pissed if they didn't cover it. But raise some hell... You paid good money and you should be taken care of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They will always tell you that it may not be covered under warranty just in case they can find an excuse for it to be your fault.

I'm having a problem with my seat reclining on me while driving and the whole seat being loose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was haveing the lose seat feeling also prier to it breaking. we may have a recall issue on our hands before to long. we should keep this going to see if any others break so we can help other accord owners down the road.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i was haveing the lose seat feeling also prier to it breaking. we may have a recall issue on our hands before to long. we should keep this going to see if any others break so we can help other accord owners down the road.
Just left the dealer. Here's the deal. This is a known problem. Honda America is aware of it. It was noted by Honda in "Honda Service News". Ready for this? The identification of the issue came out in May of 09. That document acknowledges the issue but they indicate that the dealer should not do anything until a permanent fix is found. Ha, it is now 14 months later. No TSB has been issued and Honda is still shipping this defective seat. What a bunch of crap.

The "service advisor" said there is no fix yet. My reply was that "yes there is...put a new seat in it". To which he replies, "well it will just do it again." And of course I said "well that's Honda's problem"

I have 5k miles left on my bumper to bumper so I had the tech input the issue into the computer for later reference so I'll wait a while, but I can assure you eventually they are either going to fix it or replace it.

I was so excited to get this car because we have a 92 prelude that I've hardly put a dime into over the years and that still looks and drives like new . No more Honda for me. They truly are not what they used to be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dropped my accord back off at the dealership today for "further inspection" they have found that a retaining clip on the rails that holds the ball bearings in place has become bent and thats why it failed. now the warrenty company ( ryan warrenties which was sold as a honda bumper to bumper warrenty) is sending out their own inspector tomorrow to see what if they will honor my warrenty! this is bs! is honda turning into toyota? WTF?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i have update on seat issue! the warrenty company sent in a 3rd party inspector and he said it was clearly a faulty part. so my seat frame is going to be replaced free of charge! so maybe for the all who responded with same symtoms can take this info to their dealership and maybe get it replced prior to it breaking. i want to thank all who responded with their info. it helped me with the dealrship cause i showed them the responses yall left and they agree this may be an issue that needs to be handled proactivly! i also want to thank my local dealership for standing up on my behalf! hope this is helpful for all!

·
niiice!
347 Posts
is bummper to bumper coverage from the dealer or from insurance ? cos i paid for that too but i clearly dont fully understand it.

do they cover paint chips and stuff ? or just faulty parts and collision repairs ?

if anyone can answer these questions i will forever be in your dept. (to a certain extent of-course!)

i also have gap coverage so worst case scenario when im done and want a new ride or dont wanna pay the note anymore ill just pick the left lane and let go of my steering wheel and hit the deck.... lol just kidding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts