Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Weapon
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My key remote came apart last week. I would love to swap the guts and cut a new key and be off.

The reason I say "good Alternative" is because I bought a folding key from ebay and it is a piece of junk. Since it is from china directly, I now have to figure out how to get my money back though paypal. What a PITA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180474721423&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT#ht_1227wt_941

Avoid this product at all costs. Floppy key, cheap plastic, seams that don't line up. Total crap.

Now I am looking for a quality replacement. I saw the thread about the acura switchblade key. When it was $35, I would have jumped right away but now that the price is $80 for the blank, that one is out.

advice? Quality seller link? Alternatives?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You get what you pay for :shrug: If I were you, I'd just **** up the cost of the OEM Acura switchblade, or maybe a Pilot one so you can keep the H symbol. These keys are very expensive. Don't forget to factor in the cost of cutting the key, which can easily be as much as the key itself.

Thanks for the warning :thmsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Weapon - you might try contacting the seller about a replacement. I bought the same key from them, and mine is GREAT. No trouble at all, and much higher quality than one I bought from a US based seller. Maybe you just got a bad one.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
dude i have that EXACT same key, and i have no complaints with it. the quality feels 90% of oem key and have got nothing but compliments from it. the guy at the honda dealership who cut the key for me asked if it was an acura key.

·
Weapon
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After spending some time trimming and sanding the key fob fits together much better. The key part is still waobbly but I might be able to fix it with a modifed washer.

I guess it works fine for $20. I ended up gettting the key cut for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts