Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
2014 CBP CR2 6MT
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After researching pedal overlays I came back to strutking.com and worked w Kevin there to confirm fitment. I used their stuff on my 2008 si and everything was high quality and lasted 6 years until I bought the cr2 accord. Kevin suggested the 03-07 accord manual pedal set w footrest.

Today I installed them in about 30 minutes. The included drill bit really makes everything a breeze.

Gas pedal: lay the new pedal. Use the drill bit to create holes. Use the screws to secure.

Brake and clutch. Peel the stock rubber and hey!!! These are si pedals without the nice pedals!!! There are three holes under the rubber already so bore them out with the included bit, lay the pedal, and bolt them in with the supplied hardware.

Dead pedal: its close but not exact. Heck its of by like .25 in. But lay it on, drill holes, screw in.

Enjoy barefoot shifting!!! Its 82 here today in Jax FL...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I would like a new picture without the work lamp in there because I think it does not reflect the real look of the pedals in the car.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
They look very nice. I never paid much attention to the pedals on any of my cars. But, if I did then yours look great.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Looks great! I had the strutking dead pedal on my old Si.
I might to try them out. My foot has slipped a few times on the clutch pedal so maybe these won't slip.

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
I do like the looks of the overlays, but when I consider how little time I spend looking at the pedals, it doesn't seem worth the effort.

I also think that the size of the pedals looks cheesy, compared the the pedals in the American cars of the Sixties and somewhat later, but again, the smaller ones seem to get the job done so, I don't give it much thought.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Is the gas pedal plastic behind it? Mine feels like it is plastic and not metal like on the clutch and brake pedal.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just installed mine today too. Very easy installation :thmsup:

Before:

During:

And finished:

Didn't install the footrest yet. I tried to pull it out to do the drilling outside but it felt like the plastic was glued onto the carpet? and it won't pop out?

Overall I'm very happy with these :banana:

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
I just installed mine today too. Very easy installation :thmsup:

Didn't install the footrest yet. I tried to pull it out to do the drilling outside but it felt like the plastic was glued onto the carpet? and it won't pop out?

Overall I'm very happy with these :banana:
There are picture floating around of people installing it over the plastic dead pedal, which looks ugly IMO.

I pulled the plastic dead off the carpet by brute force. Yes it is glued by some very super awesome glue.

·
Registered
871 Posts
There are picture floating around of people installing it over the plastic dead pedal, which looks ugly IMO.

I pulled the plastic dead off the carpet by brute force. Yes it is glued by some very super awesome glue.
So you pulled the plastic dead pedal and drilled the one in?

I just noticed that my clutch pedal looks that it not at the same "height" as my brake pedal like the OP's pictures. Is that normal?
Are your pedals even ?

·
2014 CBP CR2 6MT
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you pulled the plastic dead pedal and drilled the one in?

I just noticed that my clutch pedal looks that it not at the same "height" as my brake pedal like the OP's pictures. Is that normal?
Are your pedals even ?
Looks great!

The clutch sits differently than the brake pedal.

I just installed the footrest on top of the plastic one. It felt like the stock one was part of the carpet so I just screwed the metal one onto it. But it appears you could remove it just by pulling it out. Either way it looks good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
871 Posts
Looks great!

The clutch sits differently than the brake pedal.

I just installed the footrest on top of the plastic one. It felt like the stock one was part of the carpet so I just screwed the metal one onto it. But it appears you could remove it just by pulling it out. Either way it looks good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks.
Yeah I'll probably will just drill it on top plastic one.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Also, FYI, the brake and clutch pedal bases are exactly the same as the Si's, so the Si's Modulo pedals can be ordered as well. Only problem is gas pedal...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts