Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Notice over the weekend that the chrome on the front grill was starting to bubble in one spot. Then there is about a 4” long spot along the edge that’s started to bubble as well.

It’s going to get replaced under warranty just wondering if anyone else has had the issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Notice over the weekend that the chrome on the front grill was starting to bubble in one spot. Then there is about a 4” long spot along the edge that’s started to bubble as well.

It’s going to get replaced under warranty just wondering if anyone else has had the issue.
Can you post up a picture? I think I have the same thing. I just thought someone probably hit my grill with something. It is also bubbling up after 1 month.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Was at a dealer for my oil change and was the new 2019 Sports/EX model. The grill is not entirely chrome and was different than 2018 and looked much better. Try if you can get that one.
If this wasn't under warranty, a good solution is to install the the black ABS Grill cover molding trim.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just looked at images of the 2019 Sport, looks the same to me. My 2018 sport is a black chrome, not a bright chrome.

·
2018 Accord Hybrid EX-L
135 Posts
Was at a dealer for my oil change and was the new 2019 Sports/EX model. The grill is not entirely chrome and was different than 2018 and looked much better. Try if you can get that one.
If this wasn't under warranty, a good solution is to install the the black ABS Grill cover molding trim.
What you saw was the accessory grille with the chrome insert.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Funny you mention this. I have an appointment this afternoon to get mine replaced. Same issue. There are several bubbling spots on the trim under hood. Reminds me of that plastic stuff that comes on new TV's where there are spots that have bubbles. I showed my dealer and they immediately ordered replacement part at no cost.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the night time photo...but you can clearly see the bubble. If you look about an inch to the left and right the chrome is cracked and started to bubble.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
So, I wanted to report back. Sat at the dealer for 3 hours tonight only to find out that the trim replacement didn't have a small piece of weatherstripping on it. The old piece does. So, they have to order a new one and find out why this wasn't included or order that also. A horrible waste of my time tonight, but, the dealer said they would straighten this out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sorry for the night time photo...but you can clearly see the bubble. If you look about an inch to the left and right the chrome is cracked and started to bubble.
That's exactly how mine looked. I told them to replace the entire piece.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are doing just that...and maybe then some? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can confirm that my 2018 Sport has lenghthy bubbles on the middle part of the grille. Doesn't seem to be any above the headlight portions.

I will post a picture later on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tried to take it to the dealer near my job and they told me I would have to go to the dealer I got the car from. They could have used some chemical to clean the car :( It might be a while since I go back to the dealer I got my car from. Surprised this isnt a bigger issue, and they are not aware of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tried to take it to the dealer near my job and they told me I would have to go to the dealer I got the car from. They could have used some chemical to clean the car :( It might be a while since I go back to the dealer I got my car from. Surprised this isnt a bigger issue, and they are not aware of it.
Um, that's a load of crap. It's a defect covered by warranty. Bring it back and have them order and change the part or call Honda and complain.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts