Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a bucket from Walmart that fits the Grit-Guard completely to the bottom. It may have a 1/4" space between guard and bucket. It is blue in color and manufactured by Encore for a price of $2.58.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The Lowes bucket fits it pretty well too.

My Home Depot bucket is a little tight at the bottom - doesn't go all the way down.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm talking about the screw top lids that you can purchase at homedepot. If you don't have them they are available without having to go online and purchase them. I wish they sold the bucket dolly. Grit guard and autogeeks are asking alot for a two bucket system. I may eventually break down and get the two dollies with the diamond plate attachment.

I actually took my grit guard in to homedepot and did test fits until I found one that the guard went all the way into. Some buckets were tight other were just right.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
How much for the grit guards? The lowest I've seen iirc is $10. Which seems a lot for a piece of plastic.
You can order a "Two pack" from autogeek for $17.99 - plus you always get 10% or more off that by using a coupon.

Frankly I'm not sure of the science behind them but some of the detailing gurus swear by them.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,284 Posts
I don't see why you guys use a grit guard or even two buckets........just like the rinseless method, put 6-7 microfibers in the bucket and use them one at a time to do a single or two panels, then just discard them for the wash. That way your solution stays 100% complete virgin with no dirt in it, and you have no need for two buckets or a grit guard. It works very well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts