Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
fffffffffffffffff
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...e=BC05-P1PK24Z3-B&Category_Code=BC-PULLEY-KIT

Does anyone have any experience with this set of pulleys? Buddy Club is a reliable brand. This kit ,as opposed to the throwdown performance kit, includes a power steering/idler pulley. The 3 pulleys and new belt come in the kit for a little under $300. They're both lightweight and under-drive pulleys. Is this a better deal than the throwndown kit? I can't decide which to buy. Thanks

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,067 Posts
The PS pump pulley is press fit on, and can't really be removed easily.

·
fffffffffffffffff
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you like the under drive pulleys you use? is there any problem with charging the battery?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,067 Posts
Mine squeal like crazy with the AC on and have only recently stopped making noise at idle with the AC off. Either a pulley alignment or balance issue that I'm ignoring for now.

Charging is fine as long as you're past 1k rpm. At idle the voltage drops to 12.8 - 13.4V, but past 1K it sits at the proper 13.9V.

·
11' CBP AV6 coupe
14 Posts
i had aem pulley's in my 6th gen coupe. for years, i had the same problem. i would have to replace my battery once a year. then one day, as i was driving, all my electronics cut out. my alternator had died.

i went back to stock pulleys and haven't had a problem since, until my car was written off last year. only 110,000km's young.. rip.

personally, i wouldn't ever install a pulley again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd like to see dyno results before and after with the pulleys if you decide to go with them, and no other changes.

I'm guessing that for a mostly stock vehicle these pulleys make little to no difference. Especially not enough to justify $300 plus labor to install them. I'd also be pissed if they started squealing as drowned has reported. A year old car making the noises of a 30 year old car? No thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts