Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
fffffffffffffffff
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...e=BC05-P1PK24Z3-B&Category_Code=BC-PULLEY-KIT

Does anyone have any experience with this set of pulleys? Buddy Club is a reliable brand. This kit ,as opposed to the throwdown performance kit, includes a power steering/idler pulley. The 3 pulleys and new belt come in the kit for a little under $300. They're both lightweight and under-drive pulleys. Is this a better deal than the throwndown kit? I can't decide which to buy. Thanks

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
The PS pump pulley is press fit on, and can't really be removed easily.

·
fffffffffffffffff
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you like the under drive pulleys you use? is there any problem with charging the battery?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Mine squeal like crazy with the AC on and have only recently stopped making noise at idle with the AC off. Either a pulley alignment or balance issue that I'm ignoring for now.

Charging is fine as long as you're past 1k rpm. At idle the voltage drops to 12.8 - 13.4V, but past 1K it sits at the proper 13.9V.

·
11' CBP AV6 coupe
14 Posts
i had aem pulley's in my 6th gen coupe. for years, i had the same problem. i would have to replace my battery once a year. then one day, as i was driving, all my electronics cut out. my alternator had died.

i went back to stock pulleys and haven't had a problem since, until my car was written off last year. only 110,000km's young.. rip.

personally, i wouldn't ever install a pulley again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd like to see dyno results before and after with the pulleys if you decide to go with them, and no other changes.

I'm guessing that for a mostly stock vehicle these pulleys make little to no difference. Especially not enough to justify $300 plus labor to install them. I'd also be pissed if they started squealing as drowned has reported. A year old car making the noises of a 30 year old car? No thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I haven't had any first hand experience with this kit, I'd be curious to see the weight of the pulleys tho in comparison.

·
2008 Accord Coupe EX
999 Posts
Do you like the under drive pulleys you use? is there any problem with charging the battery?
I dont have underdrive pullys, although iv known people with them and they say its not worth the 7hp or so they ended up going back to the stock pulleys because of the charging issues

1 - 9 of 9 Posts